KQED Public Radio Highlights
This American Life
March 25 at 12:00am
Repeats at 9:00pm
Stories from people who need a grown-up. Featuring teenage girls asking for advice about their love lives and Ira's tribute to his very grown-up friend Mary.
Today at 2:00pm
Repeats at midnight
All the world’s a stage. So we push through the fourth wall, pierce the spandex-ed heart of professional wrestling, and travel 400 years into the past to unmask our obsession with authenticity and our desire to walk the line between reality and fantasy.
The Moth Radio Hour
Tonight at 10:00pm
In this hour, a chaplain guides a family through death and goodbyes; a man wanders New York City during the black of 2003; and a daughter tries to break her father’s silence about the Holocaust. Hosted by The Moth’s founder, George Dawes Green.
Tune in for KQED's series of daily listener commentaries. Or...submit your own!
What's on now?
New Ways to Hear KQED
To get started, use the easy links above. Or inside iTunes Radio search "KQED" and be sure to "add" our station to your personal "My Stations" list for future listening. Visit tunein.com and search for KQED then click the "+" or "follow" button.
Search our audio archives of KQED-produced programs below, and listen to past episodes on your computer or take them with you on your iPod.
Radio Technical Issues
As we become aware of technical problems originating from KQED Radio, we will list them here.
We are aware that some Comcast/Xfinity customers have lost access to local radio stations in the upper 900 channels, particularly KQED 88.5 Public Radio on channel 960. Comcast has begun another system-wide upgrade of their equipment. It is our understanding that late last year some Xfinity customers received notices along with their bills that, in […]
To view previous issues and how they were resolved, go to our Radio Technical Issues page.
KQED airs some of the best programs from independent radio producers and public radio networks around the world including: America Abroad, Hearing Voices, and Radiolab.
View airtimes on upcoming specials
Daily news and a weekly newsmagazine, produced by KQED in partnership with stations statewide.
Cy Musiker and David Wiegand on the hottest tickets and shows in Northern California.
KQED's live call-in program presents wide-ranging discussions and in-depth interviews.
KQED's local news program reporting on the latest happenings in Northern California.
Our series of daily listener commentaries since 1991.
NPR Hourly News
The California Report
- California's Chief Justice: Trump Dissing Judges Threatens the Courts
- Rural California Counties Could Be Hit Hard Under Obamacare Repeal
- San Diego Congressman Under Fire for Alleged Misuse of Campaign Funds
- Six Weeks After Crisis, Oroville Evacuation Orders Finally Lifted
- California Air Agency Passes New, Tougher Methane Regulations
- State Agency Releases Report on L.A.'s Bid to Host the Olympics
- California State University Board Votes to Raise Tuition
- Affordable Housing Bond Moves Ahead in State Senate
- Poll: Trump and His Policies a Tough Sell in California
- California Companies Compete to Build Trump's Wall
- Fresno Teenagers Accuse Border Patrol Agent of Sexual Assault
- California Officials: State Will Lose $24 Billion by Decade's End Under GOP Health Plan
- Howard University Sets Up Shop on Google Campus to Train Black Engineers