Based on the best-selling Curious George books by Margret and H. A. Rey, and narrated by Emmy award-winning actor William H. Macy, this series expands George's world to include a host of colorful new characters and original locales, while maintaining the charm of the beloved books. Each episode includes two animated stories followed by short live-action pieces showing real kids who are investigating the ideas that George introduces in his stories. The series aims to inspire kids to explore science, math and engineering in the world around them.
George's Backwards Flight Plan/Curious George, Hog Trainer (#803) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* George's Backwards Flight Plan - Help! Professor Wiseman is set to launch B.I.R.D., her bird migration tracking device, at sunset, but the remote control isn't functioning properly. Up is down. Left is right. Off is on. Can George and Marco master the tricky remote control in time or will this B.I.R.D. be flying North for the winter? * Curious George, Hog Trainer - George and Allie are determined to help Howie the Hog win a blue ribbon at the state fair, but the portly pig doesn't like to train for the competition. Once they figure out how to keep Howie clean, George and Allie use their creativity to find ways to keep Howie motivated and cool while exercising. Will Howie be in hog heaven this year and win the blue ribbon?
- KQED Kids: Thu, Jul 24, 2014 -- 7:30am
- KQED Kids: Thu, Jul 24, 2014 -- 12:30pm
- KQED Plus: Tue, Jul 29, 2014 -- 3:30pm email reminder
- KQED 9: Tue, Aug 19, 2014 -- 8:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Tue, Aug 19, 2014 -- 6:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Wed, Aug 20, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Wed, Aug 20, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
- KQED 9: Sun, Aug 24, 2014 -- 8:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Sun, Aug 24, 2014 -- 6:30pm email reminder
- KQED Plus: Mon, Aug 25, 2014 -- 3:30pm email reminder
- KQED Plus: Sat, Aug 30, 2014 -- 10:00am email reminder
Curious George Goes for 100/Fearless George (#804) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Curious George Goes for 100 - It's Lake Wannasink Lake's 100th anniversary and George is in charge of the main attraction - the town's 100-year-old-flag with 10 stripes and 100 stars. When the stripes accidentally blow away, George runs around the countryside to retrieve them. Can George reassemble the flag in time for the big unveiling?
* Fearless George - "Fearless George" and his comrades (aka Steve and Betsy) are playing a make-believe adventure with George's toys. But putting away toys only to set them up again the next day really eats into play time. Is there a way to store the toys without destroying the set? Sounds like a job for "Fearless George!"
- KQED 9: Thu, Jul 24, 2014 -- 8:30am
- KQED Kids: Thu, Jul 24, 2014 -- 6:30pm
- KQED Kids: Fri, Jul 25, 2014 -- 7:30am
- KQED Kids: Fri, Jul 25, 2014 -- 12:30pm
- KQED Kids: Mon, Jul 28, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
- KQED Plus: Wed, Jul 30, 2014 -- 3:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Sat, Aug 2, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
- KQED 9: Thu, Aug 21, 2014 -- 9:00am email reminder
- KQED Plus: Wed, Aug 27, 2014 -- 4:00pm email reminder
Where's The Firedog?/Toot Toot Tootsie Goodbye (#704) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Where's the Firedog? - George's canine friend Blaze keeps running away from the firehouse. When Blaze winds up in the animal shelter, George and his firefighter friend Sam learn how to keep her safe by putting a tag on her collar, walking her on a leash, and making sure she's never lonely.
* Toot Toot Tootsie Goodbye - Toots the blues-singing germ is back and the Man with the Yellow Hat has a cold. George chases Toots out of the Man but now the germ wants to spread to other people. Can George stop Toots before they catch the infectious tune?
- KQED 9: Thu, Jul 24, 2014 -- 9:00am
- KQED Plus: Wed, Jul 30, 2014 -- 4:00pm email reminder
Follow That Boat/Windmill Monkey (#509) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Follow That Boat - Steve needs an A to pass his history class and his model papyrus boat is sure to make the grade. George helps him test the boat in Endless Park's pond, but a sudden rainstorm sweeps it down the sewer grate! While searching for the boat, Steve and George learn that debris from the street ends up in the ocean. Will they ever find Steve's little boat in the big ocean or will he be taking history again next year? Educational Objective: To recognize that waste needs to be disposed of properly to prevent unnecessary harm to the environment. To learn about a manmade system designed to reduce man's impact on the environment by working to maintain a clean and healthy environment.
* Windmill Monkey - George proudly finishes planting his rooftop garden when he turns around to find that Compass and his friends have eaten all the seeds. The scarecrow overlooking the garden didn't scare them at all! While buying more seeds, George spots a windmill and learns how the wind can power just about anything. The inspired monkey sets out to create the world's first wind powered scarecrow in hopes that will keep his seeds safe. But some things are more easily planned than done! Educational Objective: To recognize wind as an alternative and renewable source of energy capable of doing work.
Mother's Day Surprise/Jungle Gym (#510H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Mother's Day Surprise - It's Mother's Day and Marco wants to surprise his mami with a party! George is excited to help Marco make a pinata and other festive decorations while Cecilia and the Man with the Yellow Hat prepare some of Maritza's favorite food. But when they see her arriving early, will the crew be able to pull it together in time to make this one mother's day she'll never forget?
* Jungle Gym - George, Allie, and Bill really flip for flips when they join a gymnastics class and then flip-out when they realize the class is only once a week! But George has an idea-build their own backyard gym so they can practice every day. Will an inventive monkey, a determined little girl, and a can-do boy be able to carry it off and impress their teacher at the next class?
- KQED Plus: Thu, Jul 24, 2014 -- 4:00pm
Big, Bad Hundley/George's Simple Siphon (#805) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Big, Bad Hundley - When Hundley notices a big dog named Goliath helping the Doorman in the lobby, he wishes he were taller. George and Marco try to help the dachshund by giving him stilts, platform shoes, and even a fun house mirror to makes Hundley look big. But nothing cheers Hundley up until he figures out that good things come in all sizes!
* George's Simple Siphon - On the first hot day of summer, George, Bill and Allie decide to take a dip in Bill's pool only to discover that the pool is filled with algae! Even oars, rubber boots, pots, pans, and yellow rain hats won't empty the green water. Hot and tired, George gets a refreshing idea while sipping lemonade from his super long straw. Simple siphon to the rescue!
- KQED 9: Fri, Jul 25, 2014 -- 8:30am
- KQED Kids: Fri, Jul 25, 2014 -- 6:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Mon, Jul 28, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
- KQED Plus: Thu, Jul 31, 2014 -- 3:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Sat, Aug 2, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Sun, Aug 3, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
- KQED 9: Wed, Aug 20, 2014 -- 9:00am email reminder
- KQED Plus: Tue, Aug 26, 2014 -- 4:00pm email reminder
Honey of a Monkey/Curious George's Egg Hunt (#705) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Honey of a Monkey - George and Steve are in a sticky situation when they accidentally eat all of Betsy's honeycomb. Will their homemade beehive produce enough honeycomb in time for Betsy's Earth Day presentation, or will she be buzzing mad?
* Curious George's Egg Hunt - George and Allie have discovered an egg in the grass with no nest in sight. Where is the egg's mother? They search high and low to find the right bird's nest but no egg will match. Could it be another kind of animal is inside the tiny round shell?
- KQED 9: Fri, Jul 25, 2014 -- 9:00am
- KQED Plus: Thu, Jul 31, 2014 -- 4:00pm email reminder
Toy Monkey/George and Allie's Game Plan (#801) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Toy Monkey - George is ecstatic. Great Aunt Sylvia dropped by with a special present - a toy front loader that's...defective? No problem! Aunt Sylvia and George take the front loader back to the toy factory. But they find a room full of broken toys and no one to fix them. What will they do? With a hand drill, pickles, and a little ingenuity. .. anything is possible
* George and Allie's Game Plan - It's "fair day" at the elementary school and Allie is determined to win the giant stuffed bear. But knocking down all the ducks is not as easy as it looks (or quacks). George builds a practice game at home complete with quacking sounds. Will Allie's practice and perseverance help her win the bear?
Monkey Down Under/Bright Lights, Little Monkey (#701H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Monkey Down Under - G'Day Mate! George and The Man with the Yellow Hat visit the land down under for an Australian outback safari adventure! While the Man goes sightseeing for sea cows, George stays behind to investigate footprints in the sand. Could it be a mysterious hopping clown rabbit? Or perhaps...a baby kangaroo!
* Bright Lights, Little Monkey - George, Allie, and Bill go on a late-night search for a mysterious creature - the Perseids. But taking pictures in the dark is hard enough without making noise to scare away their camera-shy guests. They'll need a new way to communicate...in a flash!
- KQED Plus: Fri, Jul 25, 2014 -- 4:00pm email reminder
George-O-Matic/Curious George, Sheep Herder (#507) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* George-O-Matic - George is entranced by the museum's newest addition: a vending machine full of levers, wheels, springs, and healthy snacks! So when George is put in charge of making the dessert for an important dinner party, he can think of nothing better than creating his own dessert dispensing vending machine - the George-O-Matic. One tiny design flaw: George asks Gnocci the cat to motor the machine, causing it to go into overdrive.
* Curious George, Sheep Herder - George buys a cool new scarf at the Country Fair, but with one tug on a loose strand of wool, the entire scarf unravels! While searching for sheep that will give him some wool for another scarf, George accidentally whistles, which sends Bo the sheepdog and his flock of sheep on a wild adventure through the country. Can George whistle his way out of this mess or will his baaaaaad day turn even worse?
George's Super Subway Adventure/Well Done, George (#503) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* George's Super Subway Adventure - The Man with the Yellow Hat has two surprises for George today: They're going to the zoo and they're riding the subway! George is so excited to see his first underground train that he hops right on, leaving the Man behind at the subway terminal. After comical mishaps where the two barely miss meeting up and some fun stops along the way, George figures out how to take the train all the way to the zoo, where he patiently waits for his friend to catch up.
* Well Done, George - A certain muddy monkey needs a bath, but there's no water coming out of the faucet. George and the Man with the Yellow Hat find a broken water pump in their well and head back to the city so George can take that much needed bath. This time when the water stops flowing from the faucet, George takes matters into his own paws and uses his newly acquired knowledge to build a well in their front yard. But can he build a pump to get the water from the ground into his fifth floor bathtub?
- KQED Plus: Sat, Jul 26, 2014 -- 10:00am email reminder
- KQED 9: Tue, Aug 26, 2014 -- 8:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Tue, Aug 26, 2014 -- 6:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Wed, Aug 27, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Wed, Aug 27, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
- KQED 9: Sun, Aug 31, 2014 -- 8:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Sun, Aug 31, 2014 -- 6:30pm email reminder
Monkey Hoedown/Curious George Clowns Around (#802) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Monkey Hoedown - The Man with the Yellow Hat can't wait to join the Uptown Bluegrass Band for a good old-fashioned country hoedown. When George accidentally ruins the Man's guitar while trying to clean it, George and Allie decide to make a new guitar! With a shoestring, rubber band, fishing wire, and yoyo, George creates the world's first monkey birdhouse bandolin
* Curious George Clowns Around - George and the Man with the Yellow Hat are excited to visit the Clown College for Pepe El Loco's Big Show. While the Man tries to find a parking spot, George is mistaken for a messenger clown and is tasked with picking up parts for a top-secret gadget for Pepe. While navigating his way through the building, will George figure out a way to keep track of what floor he's on in time to make it to Pepe's big show?
- KQED 9: Sun, Jul 27, 2014 -- 8:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Sun, Jul 27, 2014 -- 6:30pm email reminder
- KQED Plus: Mon, Jul 28, 2014 -- 3:30pm email reminder
- KQED 9: Wed, Aug 20, 2014 -- 8:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Wed, Aug 20, 2014 -- 6:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Thu, Aug 21, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Thu, Aug 21, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
- KQED Plus: Tue, Aug 26, 2014 -- 3:30pm email reminder
We Otter Be Friends/Sir George and the Dragon (#702) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* We Otter Be Friends - After an otter swims away with Mr. Quint's boat keys, a stranded George tries everything he can to retrieve them. But the otter is a faster swimmer, a quicker runner, and a better hider than George. Can George out-otter the otter and get the keys back?
* Sir George and the Dragon - George is starring in his first play. Under the hot stage lights, George falls asleep and dreams he's a guarding a medieval castle! Can the clever monkey figure out how to keep Dragon Charkie out of the castle and be the hero of the play?
Red Planet Monkey/Tortilla Express (#806) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Red Planet Monkey - George is thrilled to visit Pizza and Einstein's Space Center to help solve a problem with the Mars rover. But a sleepy monkey falls asleep and wakes to discover that he and the Man with the Yellow Hat are going to Mars! Can the curious little monkey figure out what's been gumming up the rover's controls? Or was it all just a wonderful dream?
* Tortilla Express - When the grocer runs out of masa (cornmeal), George and Marco are worried they won't be able to make Marco's famous tortillas for his abuela's birthday. Thankfully, Uncle Enrique makes it his mission to find the key ingredient. During their ride on the "Tortilla Express," all three learn where masa comes from and how it gets from the farm to Marco's table.
- KQED 9: Mon, Jul 28, 2014 -- 8:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Mon, Jul 28, 2014 -- 6:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Tue, Jul 29, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Tue, Jul 29, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
- KQED Plus: Fri, Aug 1, 2014 -- 3:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Sat, Aug 2, 2014 -- 6:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Sun, Aug 3, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
- KQED 9: Mon, Aug 18, 2014 -- 8:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Mon, Aug 18, 2014 -- 6:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Tue, Aug 19, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Tue, Aug 19, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
- KQED Plus: Fri, Aug 22, 2014 -- 3:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Sat, Aug 23, 2014 -- 6:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Sun, Aug 24, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
George and Allie's Lawn Service/Curious George's Scavenger Hunt (#706) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* George and Allie's Lawn Service - George and Allie are crazy about Mr.Renkins' new kids -- baby goats named Suzy and Sammy. But when the goats keep escaping their pen and chewing on everything in sight, can George and Allie find a way to keep their new friends penned up?
*Curious George's Scavenger Hunt - It's a race around the city as George, Marco, and Chef Pisghetti go on a shape-finding scavenger hunt to raise money for the animal shelter. They find rectangles, stars, and circles, but how are they ever going to find 100 diamonds?
Curious George Takes A Vacation/Curious George and the One That Got Away (#122) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Curious George Takes a Vacation: The Man with the Yellow Hat and George are off to the airport to start their vacation. When they get there, they discover that all the flights are delayed, and there's a long wait ahead. But with sliding doors, moving sidewalks, luggage carousels and beeping carts, George decides that the airport is a great place to spend his whole vacation.
* Curious George and the One That Got Away:George and Mr. Quint discover a fresh water eel in the waters of Lake Wanasink Lake. When Bill finds out, he proposes a contest to see who can catch it first. George has no fishing pole so he makes one from things he finds around the house. He's determined to catch the eel so he can set it free.
- KQED 9: Tue, Jul 29, 2014 -- 8:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Tue, Jul 29, 2014 -- 6:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Wed, Jul 30, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Wed, Jul 30, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
- KQED 9: Sun, Aug 3, 2014 -- 8:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Sun, Aug 3, 2014 -- 6:30pm email reminder
- KQED Plus: Mon, Aug 4, 2014 -- 3:30pm email reminder
Curious George Sinks The Pirates/This Little Pig (#217) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Curious George Sinks the Pirates / This Little Piggy Curious George Sinks the Pirates: Hundley, the proud lobby dachshund, is also quite the boats-dog and longs to set sail on the ocean blue. Hundley's dream becomes "reality" one night when he dozes off to sleep - and into a big maritime adventure. Aboard the S.S. Dignified, the most orderly ship to ever set sail, Captain Hundley and his crew - Gnocchi, Charkie, and First Mate George - gear up for a watery quest. Yet it's not exactly smooth sailing when Yellow Hat the Pirate and his crew attempt to take control of the vessel (Arrr!) and his own First Mate almost sinks the ship! Can Captain Hundley stay dignified and save the day?
* This Little Piggy: For George, Dulson's Toy Store is irresistible, especially since it's where he finds the sailboat of his dreams. But he learns that the boat costs five dollars - and now exactly 500 pennies stand between George and his big dream! After scouring his room and his penny reserve George comes up short, but then sets out to earn the rest of the money by doing everything from house chores to harmonica performances. The Man with the Yellow Hat gives George a special piggy bank in which to store his new savings - and, if George can only find a way to break open the bank to retrieve his funds, he'll discover that 100 nickels saved is indeed one sailboat earned.
Hundley Jr./Curious George Gets Winded (#703) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Hundley Jr. - What's long, low to the ground, and loves to clean milkweed off the lobby floor? Hundley's newest friend and caterpillar, Hundley Jr! But when Hundley is torn between looking after the lobby and caring for his new friend, he turns his lobby duties over - to a monkey!
* Curious George Gets Winded - Bill needs one more newspaper delivery to win the coveted Golden Pouch, but a big snowfall ruins his chances.Even with George's help, there's no way he can deliver all those papers in time. Can George's monkey-made wind sled help the duo sail to victory?
- KQED Plus: Tue, Jul 29, 2014 -- 4:00pm email reminder
Ski Monkey/George The Grocer (#123) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Ski Monkey - When a blizzard covers the country house with a foot of snow, George can't wait to get outside to play. But he soon learns that such deep snow isn't easy for a monkey to play in, until he learns how much fun it can be to ski, snowshoe and sled.
* George the Grocer - George really wants the toy oven he sees in the window at the toy store, but first, he has to find a job to earn money to buy it. Since neither Chef Pisghetti nor Mr. Glass need help,George decides to go to work at the Grocery Store. While George is pretty proud of the job he does helping customers, the grocer is pretty confused about who is causing such chaos in the aisles.
King Doggie/The Lucky Cap (#218) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* King Doggie: When a limo pulls up to the doorman's lobby, the Princess of Bratvia steps out and scoops up Hundley, claiming that he is in fact a Royal Doggie! To verify this, the Princess's Aide measures him and sure enough, Hundley's head is three buckles high, his body is four stripes long and, most importantly, he has the purple mark of Bratvian royalty on his proud chest. So her Highness takes Hundley, aka Barkington the Fifteenth, off to his new palace but soon the princely pup grows weary of luxury and longs for his old lobby. So it's up to his friend George to help convince the royals that Hundley, although very dignified, is just a regular dog of the people. True, Hundley's precise measurements are indeed those of a King Doggie - but could the leftover grape jelly on his chest be a clue to his real identity?
* The Lucky Cap: George's day goes from bad to worse. He spills a bowl of milk, gets caught in a torrential downpour, and just can't get past that seven square in hopscotch. But then the Man with the Yellow Hat gives George a new cap, and the moment George puts it on his misfortunes turn into windfalls - he finds a shiny quarter, gets a free shopping spree at Dolson's toy store, and wins his first hopscotch game ever! When the Man washes the hat, however, George's bad luck returns - it's shrunk so small that it barely fits on his head! Without the hat, George needs to figure out how to count to 25 in order to win Steve's Ultra Extreme Hopscotch Challenge. Will George discover that brainpower is a force more powerful than luck?
Keep Out Cows/Curious George and the Missing Piece (#124) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Keep Out Cows: George loves Leslie the cow but do she and her friends have to keep eating all those beautiful wildflowers that he wants to show The Man with the Yellow Hat? George works against time and the cows' appetites to come up with a wall strong enough to save the flowers.
* Curious George and the Missing Piece: When George discovers a bone buried in the ground, he's convinced it's got to be part of a dinosaur skeleton-but which one? When none of the dinosaurs in the museum are missing a piece, George uses his best scientific sleuthing skills to match the bone to the animal. Is the bone from a completely new kind of animal? And why is Charkie always chasing after him to steal that bone away?
- KQED 9: Thu, Jul 31, 2014 -- 8:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Thu, Jul 31, 2014 -- 6:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Fri, Aug 1, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Fri, Aug 1, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Mon, Aug 4, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
- KQED Plus: Wed, Aug 6, 2014 -- 3:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Sat, Aug 9, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
Curious George, Sea Monkey/Old McGeorgie Had a Farm (#219) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Curious George, Sea Monkey: George and the Man with the Yellow Hat are overjoyed when Professors Wiseman, Einstein and Pizza invite them onto a submarine trip to retrieve a small weather satellite that crashed from space. Their first underwater adventure! Along the ocean floor, George and the crew locate the satellite - but a gigantic coral reef stands in the way of its recovery and the only way to get to it is through a tiny tunnel traversable only by a certain monkey. So, clad in a scuba outfit equipped with a camera and microphone, George investigates the wild, world of life in a limestone coral reef. George is thrilled with all the colorful sights and sea-life and even makes a few fishy pals - but will the school of small coral sharks he encounters be as friendly?
* Old McGeorgie Had a Farm: Oscar, the Renkin's prize pig, is in the State Finals but a disappointed Mr. Renkins is too busy with the farm to attend the big fair. Enter George and the Man with the Yellow Hat who volunteer to take over his work and save the day! All they have to remember is to collect exactly one gallon of milk from Leslie the cow and divide that gallon into four one-quart bottles, gather a dozen eggs for each carton, and keep track of exactly 6 hens, 8 chicks and 1 rooster. Cinchy! Except that George forgets the most important thing of all - the correct side on which to milk the cow. So a spooked Leslie starts a chain of chaos that has George and the Man scrambling to track down all their charges and stop bedlam in the barnyard.
Camping with Hundley/Curious George vs. The Turbo Python 3000 (#125) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Camping With Hundley - George loves his very first camping trip so much that he wants to go again as soon as possible. But The Man with the Yellow Hat is just too busy so the Doorman volunteers to take George and Hundley in his fancy trailer with GPS, satellite dish, and microwave. When a thunderstorm knocks out the power, George comes to the rescue by using his old-fashioned camping tools to help them make it through the rainy night and back home safely.
* Curious George vs. The Turbo Python 3000 - George isn't tall enough to ride the greatest rollercoaster of all time, The Turbo Python 3000. He uses licorice whips to measure his height and determines that he is 7-whips tall, one short of the 8-whip minimum! As he nibbles on his licorice, George looks for different ways to grow. His efforts seem to pay off when he measures himself again until he realizes that it's not that his legs are longer, it's that his stomach is fuller.
- KQED 9: Fri, Aug 1, 2014 -- 8:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Fri, Aug 1, 2014 -- 6:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Mon, Aug 4, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
- KQED Plus: Thu, Aug 7, 2014 -- 3:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Sat, Aug 9, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Sun, Aug 10, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
Curious George Beats The Band/Hats and a Hole (#220) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Curious George Beats the Band: At the symphony, George is lost in his daydreams. Inspired by such beautiful music, George imagines playing with Hundley in space among the twinkling stars, and flying from the ocean up to the sky with a friendly Loch Ness monster and a school of happy ducks. So when the symphony maestro announces that George is the winner of the conductor-for-a-day contest, George can't believe his good fortune. He'll be making that wonderful music! But first George must learn the rhythms necessary to conduct an orchestra, and he studies and practices night and day. Sure enough, his debut goes brilliantly - until Charkie mistakes George's baton for a dog toy and the monkey maestro has to play "keep away" without conducting his musicians into a musical frenzy.
* Hats and a Hole: A hard hat, a shovel, a wheelbarrow and a ladder -George learns that all four items are necessary when digging a gigantic hole. But why are George and the Man With the Yellow (Hard) Hat digging in their own yard? It's a surprise, and George will have to wait for the answer while the Man and Mr. Quint go help Flint Quint change a light bulb, taking the ladder with them. But when the hats fall into the hole after a run-in with Jumpy Squirrel, how will George retrieve them? After trying this hat rescue mission with several items which are not quite long enough to reach into the bottom of the hole, George decides that a water hose might do the trick. And when he accidentally turns on the water itself, the ensuing flood turns out to be a spark of genius - not only does the water float the hats to the surface, but George discovers the true purpose for the hole.
Housebound!/Curious George Rides A Bike (#126) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Housebound! - George learns the hard way about bones when he falls at the museum while exploring a dinosaur skeleton and breaks his leg. A visit to the hospital, a cast on his leg, and a cane aren't enough to keep George down, especially when Hundley steps in to help.
*Curious George Rides a Bike - George loves his new bike, especially because it gives him the chance to help Bill with his paper route. But he gets distracted by some ducks, makes some paper boats out of the newspapers, and then, trying to fix his mistake, hits a big rock that bends his bicycle wheel out of shape. Can Mrs. Renkins find the right tools to help him fix his bike so he can find some dry papers, finish the paper route, and keep his promise to Bill?
- KQED 9: Mon, Aug 4, 2014 -- 8:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Mon, Aug 4, 2014 -- 6:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Tue, Aug 5, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Tue, Aug 5, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
- KQED Plus: Fri, Aug 8, 2014 -- 3:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Sat, Aug 9, 2014 -- 6:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Sun, Aug 10, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
The All-Animal Recycled Band/The Times of Sand (#127) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The All-Animal Recycled Band - George recruits Charkie, Gnocchi, Hundley and Compass to play in a band inspired by the firefighters at Rescue Squad 86. For instruments, George gets creative and uses keys, rice in a milk carton, a birdseed canister with rubber bands, and a pie tin. Now all he has to do is figure out a way to get two dogs, a cat, and a bird to play music together.
* The Times of Sand - George and The Man with the Yellow Hat have a sand castle building contest at the beach. With the help of Bill and Momma Bunny, George builds a great castle and learns about how to avoid losing your castle to the incoming tide.
The Elephant Upstairs/Being Hundley (#128) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Elephant Upstairs -George hears a loud thumping sound coming from the ceiling of their apartment and becomes convinced that the new upstairs neighbor has an elephant for a pet. When The Man with the Yellow Hat points out how unlikely that is, George decides to investigate further and comes to the conclusion that if it's not an elephant, it must be a Galapagos Turtle who eats a lot of crackers, likes to wrap presents, and use a juicer. When they finally pay their new neighbor a visit, the real story is even more interesting than George's theory.
* Being Hundley - George gets tired of being a monkey because monkeys have to clean their room, brush their teeth, and go to bed early. So he experiments with being a cat and a pigeon but decides that the best of all is to be a dog like Hundley. Hundley is not at all happy with this plan but doesn't manage to convince George that there's room for only one lobby dog at this apartment building. It takes an elevator getting stuck between floors to help George realize being a monkey can be pretty useful in a pinch.
- KQED 9: Tue, Aug 5, 2014 -- 8:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Tue, Aug 5, 2014 -- 6:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Wed, Aug 6, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Wed, Aug 6, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Sun, Aug 10, 2014 -- 6:30pm email reminder
- KQED Plus: Mon, Aug 11, 2014 -- 3:30pm email reminder
George Fixes Betsy's Wagon/Curious George Takes A Drive (#129) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* George Fixes Betsy's Wagon - George and Steve borrow Betsy's wagon to pick up a package, but on the way they lose a wheel. To replace the wheel, they experiment with a piece of wood, some roller skates, and baby carriage wheels. Can they find some way to keep that wagon rolling? And what's in that giant package anyhow?
* Curious George Takes a Dive - George makes friends with a turtle down at Lake Wanasink Lake but worries that because the turtle has no thumbs, it's going to get a lot of water up its nose when it goes into the lake. The solution is to bring the turtle home and keep it in the bathtub. But the turtle is just not happy in the bathtub and when George brings home fish and weeds and frogs from the lake to keep it company, The Man with the Yellow Hat isn't very happy either.
Unbalanced/Curious George Vs. Winter (#130) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Unbalanced - The Amazing Balancing Zucchinis come to town, and George realizes that there's nothing he wants more in life than to be an acrobat. But before he can join the troupe, he needs to learn a lot more about balance and help save an allergic tightrope walker from a very determined cat.
* Curious George vs. Winter - Winter is closing in and George is miserable - how's he going to survive without all the fun summertime activities he loves? When he decides to ignore the weather and play with his wading pool and his bubbles, he learns some interesting things about freezing and melting.
Amazing Maze Race/The Color of Monkey (#305) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Amazing Maze Race - George is an expert at navigating the maze on the placemat at the Y-Go-By Diner, but his skills are put to the ultimate test when the Man with the Yellow Hat takes him to the Annual Amazing Maze Race at Renkins Farm. The Man and George follow their map precisely, but how can they compete with the Quint's computerized navigation device, Bill's system of leaving a trail of corn, and Sprint's speedy disposition? It's not until George gets a bird's eye view of the maze that he is able to line up the landmarks on the map and figure out where to go. But when Leslie the cow eats their map, they need to figure out a more creative way to get to the finish line!
* The Color of Monkey - After a bubble bath, George promises the Man with the Yellow Hat that he will stay clean until their picture is taken for the cover of Bird Watchers Magazine. But when George helps Steve and Betsy dye eggs, he falls into a pot of food coloring, and turns completely yellow! Trying to keep his pledge of staying clean, he experiments with the different dye colors to see which ones he can mix with yellow to turn him brown again. In the process, George turns himself orange, Charkie turns blue, and Compass turns red! Can George figure out how to get back to his original color, or will the bird watchers return to find a rainbow colored monkey?
The Man with the Monkey Hands/Whistle Pig Wednesday (#306) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Man with the Monkey Hands - After warning George about the poison ivy lurking in the park, the Man with the Yellow Hat loses his balance and lands hands first in a brush of the itchy, poisonous leaves! With his hands bandaged, he'll need help with everyday tasks such as brushing his teeth, making dinner, even typing a letter. So being a clever little monkey, George invents some ingenious ways to make the Man's life seem normal - like wearing swim fins to assist in picking apples off the floor and taping salad forks to his arms to act as temporary hands. But George's creations are put to the ultimate test when the Man has to present Professor Wiseman's newest invention to the science board, salad forks and all!
* Whistle Pig Wednesday - "Whistlepig Wednesday," Mr. Glass' unique version of Groundhog Day, is an annual city tradition of predicting when winter will start. Every year on the last Wednesday of August, Sherry the Whistlepig emerges from her burrow. If she sees her shadow, it means cold weather is coming. But what makes Sherry's shadow so special? To find out, George and his animal friends camp out at Sherry's burrow, but fall asleep while waiting for her to wake up. At the shadow ceremony, Mr. Glass mistakes a sleeping George and each one of his friends for a whistlepig and presents them for the world to see. But does a monkey, dog, cat, or pigeon shadow count?
- KQED 9: Thu, Aug 7, 2014 -- 8:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Thu, Aug 7, 2014 -- 6:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Fri, Aug 8, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Fri, Aug 8, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Mon, Aug 11, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
- KQED Plus: Wed, Aug 13, 2014 -- 3:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Sat, Aug 16, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
Ice Station Monkey/The Perfect Carrot (#301) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Ice Station Monkey: George and the Man with the Yellow Hat are having a blast on their research assignment in the Antarctic! Professor Wiseman has enlisted the pair to help find the nesting grounds of the Chinstrap penguins. Our explorers set out in different directions. George meets a Chinstrap penguin, but loses his camera to a pesky sea otter who swims away. When the Man finds George, they chase the sea otter by jumping ice floes...but discover too late that a blizzard is approaching! George and the Man find refuge in a cave. When the blizzard passes, they emerge on the other side of the island in the middle of the penguins' nesting ground! Mission accomplished!
* The Perfect Carrot: George and Bill are feeding the rabbits, when suddenly they run out of carrots. George can't believe it when Bill pulls a carrot out of the ground. George wants to grow his own carrots. Armed with a packet of seeds and instructions from Bill, George plants his garden. After 66 days of tending, watering and keeping Jumpy away, George has a prize-winning carrot! It's so perfect that George carries it around in a fancy telescope case to protect it. George visits Bill's house to show it off, but learns that the bunnies have gone missing! George finds the bunnies in a cave, hungry and scared. It's a hard decision to make, but George sacrifices his perfect carrot for the bunnies to eat while he finds help. Thanks to George and his "carroty hero," the bunnies are both saved and fed.
George Digs Worms/Everything Old Is New Again (#307) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* George Digs Worms - Why is Bill yelling at a mound of dirt? He's worm racing! George turns to a pile of decomposed leaves to find his own prize worm and challenges Bill's "Fast Freddy" to a race. Pretty soon, the entire countryside catches worm-racing fever and watch as George's worm, named "Ooh Ooh Ahh Ahh," races its way to the championship. But when Mr. Quint takes the wrong lunchbox on his fishing trip, George's worm farm is in danger of becoming fish bait! Can George save his slimy friends in time for the championship race?
* Everything Old is New Again - The city is awarding the "Golden Arrows Award" to the building that collects the most recycling. George is eager to help-once he learns what recycling actually is, of course. The building's Doorwoman next door turns out to be tough competition, so George hunts down recycling materials from everywhere he can think of. The only problem is, he doesn't know that he only recycle products after they've been used! Will the tenants with the missing recyclables forgive a monkey who's not just trying to win a contest, but also save the environment?
- KQED 9: Fri, Aug 8, 2014 -- 8:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Fri, Aug 8, 2014 -- 6:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Mon, Aug 11, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
- KQED Plus: Thu, Aug 14, 2014 -- 3:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Sat, Aug 16, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Sun, Aug 17, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
George Meets The Press/Snow Use (#302) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Meets the Press: George and the Man with the Yellow hat are lending a hand picking apples at Renkins' Farm, George takes an apple coveted by Jumpy Squirrel, who snatches it back and hides in the barn. George follows, and when he reaches for the light switch, accidentally turns on the giant cider press! All of the apples they've collected are being washed, chopped, and squished into liquid! Not wanting the Renkins to be mad with the sticky mess, George fills everything he can get his hands on with the apple juice squirting out of the machine. When the Man with the Yellow Hat and Renkins' arrive, they're astonished to see the entire harvest bottled up! Much to George's relief, the Renkins aren't upset - they're thrilled. And Jumpy, much to his relief, finds his perfect apple.
* Snow Use: It's the hottest day of the year, and to cool down, George wants to build a snowman! But how can he build a snowman when there's no snow? George experiments with crushed ice cubes, but they melt too quickly. Mud...but it doesn't stay in the right shape. And rocks, which are too heavy to lift! George is stumped. What sticks together, doesn't melt, and wasn't heavy? Of course, sand! George convinces the Man with the Yellow Hat to drive him, Bill, and the Renkins to the beach, where they can all cool off and George can finally build his summer snowman.
For The Birds/Curious George-Asaurus (#303) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* For the Birds: George loves feeding the birds, but they must be starving, because all the seeds keep disappearing! Perplexed, George returns with more food, only to find a big, bushy tail sticking out of the feeder. It's Jumpy Squirrel, caught in the act of eating all the seeds! George tries to squirrel-proof the birdhouse, moving it further from the tree trunk, clearing away freestanding objects, and even developing a pulley laundry line system to hang it from. But to no avail - that squirrel can climb - and apparently eat - anything! Why does Jumpy keep taking the seeds? Has his appetite suddenly grown - or maybe they're not all for him?
* George-asaurus: Professor Wiseman needs the Man with the Yellow Hat's help to assemble some rare dinosaur bones into a skeleton in time for an important archaeologist, Dr. Raj Desai, to see them. Wiseman and the Man finish the task and meet Dr. Desai for lunch. Meanwhile, George and Gnocchi play outside with a toy plane, which floats though a window--landing on the newly assembled dinosaur. When George climbs the fragile bones to retrieve it, the entire skeleton collapses! Using another dinosaur as a model, George is able to organize, sort, and piece together the bones back into its proper form. But how will Dr. Desai feel about a monkey working on his precious dinosaur bones, especially when the wrong head ends up on the dinosaur's skeleton?
- KQED 9: Mon, Aug 11, 2014 -- 8:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Mon, Aug 11, 2014 -- 6:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Tue, Aug 12, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Tue, Aug 12, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
- KQED Plus: Fri, Aug 15, 2014 -- 4:00pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Sat, Aug 16, 2014 -- 6:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Sun, Aug 17, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
Mulch Ado About Nothing/What Goes Up (#304) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Mulch Ado About Nothing - The secret to Bill's amazing garden is the compost he uses to feed his plants. George tries to make his own compost, but soon discovers that he's made a stinky mess! The Renkins teach George that proper compost consists of dirt, water, and air with only certain foods (no meat or dairy). In the city, George sees that the plants in the apartment need food. George prepares a hearty "meal" in the living room...using all the containers he can find. When the Man with the Yellow Hat wakes up to a strange odor, he follows his nose to the compost! The neighbors are delighted that George made enough for all the plants in the building.
* What Goes Up - It's "Reuse Your Junk Day" and George and the Man with the Yellow Hat have one last pickup before they go to the lake. But when they arrive at Renkins' Farm, they find a mountain of junk piled in the Renkins' living room. There's no way they'll finish the job before the suns goes down, which means no lake for George. While the Man is taking a load to the collection center, George discovers that he can use the ironing board as a lever to launch the junk out of the living room and onto the front yard. Soon, all the pigs, chickens, and squirrels are ducking for cover! George's ingenious invention got all the junk outside, but it's scattered everywhere! Did this little monkey cause more work for himself?
- KQED 9: Mon, Aug 11, 2014 -- 9:00am email reminder
Wheels on the Bus/Seed Trouble (#308) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Wheels on the Bus - Running late for an important meeting at the Glass Palace, George and the Man with the Yellow Hat decide to take the bus rather than walk. But when George and the Man get off at the wrong stop, the bus leaves with the Man's portfolio still inside! Determined to retrieve the important drawings AND make it to the meeting on time, George jumps in a basket on a bicycle. The Man orders a baffled taxi driver to follow that monkey on the bicycle to catch the bus to get his portfolio! With the clock ticking, will either of them catch up to the bus and arrive at the meeting in time?
* Seed Trouble - George loves eating at Chef Pisghetti's restaurant! When Chef explains that he can't grow enough vegetables to keep his customers fed, George and the Man with the Yellow Hat offer to start their own garden to help the Chef out. The garden is ready to be planted, when Compass and his pigeon friends eat some of the seeds! George dumps the seeds into one jar to keep them safe... and learns too late that different seeds can't be planted together. Can George figure out how to separate and identify the seeds, and keep Chef Pisghetti in business?
- KQED 9: Tue, Aug 12, 2014 -- 8:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Tue, Aug 12, 2014 -- 6:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Wed, Aug 13, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Wed, Aug 13, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Sun, Aug 17, 2014 -- 6:30pm email reminder
- KQED Plus: Mon, Aug 18, 2014 -- 3:30pm email reminder
Fun Ball Talley/Red Sky at Night, Monkey's Delight (#309) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Fun Ball Talley - Dulson's Toy Store is having a contest! The person who comes closest to guessing how many Super Mega Fun-Balls are in the rocket shaped dispenser wins the entire container of balls -- and the rocket, too! Steve, Betsy, and George come up with their own unique estimating methods. When soccer balls, grapes, and marbles fail George's Fun-Ball Size Relation Test, George realizes that the perfect size specimens are in the Man with the Yellow Hat's golf ball bucket! Will George and Betsy find the right answer, or will super confident Steve's formula triumph?
* Red Sky At Night, Monkey's Delight - George is tired of his fun always being ruined by the weather! Inspired by the Man with the Yellow Hat's painting of a beautiful sunset, George starts a weather journal by drawing pictures of the sky. But predicting the weather isn't as easy as it seems. When George's picnic is ruined by rain, and he stays indoors on a beautiful sunny day, he decides to study wind patterns, too. When the city's weather station loses its satellite, Professors Einstein and Pizza turn to George's drawings, homemade windsock, and cricket temperature readings to predict the day's weather for the Mayor's golf outing. Who knew a monkey could predict the weather?
Shipwrecked with Hundley/Chasing Rainbows (#310) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Shipwrecked With Hundley - George and the Man with the Yellow Hat join Hundley and the Doorman for a ride on their neat and orderly sailboat -- much to Hundley's dismay. A cracked boom forces them to land on a remote island to make repairs. But when George thoughtfully returns the anchor to the boat, he and Hundley drift into the open sea! Working as a team, they're able to navigate the sailboat back to land, but the Man and the Doorman are nowhere to be found. Are George and Hundley stuck on this island forever, or are those familiar looking rocks, trees, and birds the key to finding their friends?
* Chasing Rainbows - It's Steve and Betsy's first time in the country and who better to give them a guided tour of the forest than George? When a light rain casts a stunning rainbow in the sky, George decides to track down the end of the rainbow to see if there really is a pot of gold. Betsy and Charkie follow, leaving Steve behind trying to take pictures of the wildlife. Where did George and Betsy go? Bill rescues Steve from an encounter with a moose. They seek the Man with the Yellow Hat's assistance locate George and Betsy. But can the Man's "pot of gold" lead the travelers back to the treasure of a safe home?
Gnocchi The Critic/George Cleans Up (#311) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Gnocchi The Critic -Chef Pisghetti is crushed. Gnocchi usually approves every dish the Chef makes, but for some reason Gnocchi hasn't eaten anything for days. Thinking his food is no good, the Chef decides to stop cooking and close the restaurant! Not wanting to lose his favorite ravioli, George follows Gnocchi to find out why she stopped liking the Chef's food. George carefully observes her cat behavior, but all she does is take naps, roll in the dirt and sneeze an awful lot. Wait...! The Man with the Yellow Hat begins sneezing due to his flower allergies. It's the same sneeze Gnocchi made throughout the day! Can George diagnose Gnocchi in time to save Chef P's restaurant?
* George Cleans Up - George made a mess of the living room. An upright vacuum is hard for a little monkey to control, so the Man with the Yellow Hat gets George a monkey-sized vacuum. George is amazed with his new "toy" and sucks up everything in sight.. .including some rare stamps the Man is supposed to deliver to Mr. Stamp! Inspired by a superhero on TV, George dons a cape and embarks on a citywide "cleaning" spree, using his little vacuum to suck up everything from bird food to dog biscuits to a winning lottery ticket. Will George figure out how to empty the bag when it gets full? Will the town view George as a Superhero Vacuum Monkey or a Super Villain?
Relax!/The Box and the Hound (#312) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Relax! - George and the Man with the Yellow Hat decide that Professor Wiseman needs a break. She's up to her ears with work! And what better way to relax than a stress-free picnic in the park? But with a stuck pickle jar, a tangled hammock, and a duck floating away with the Man's beloved hat, the Man is at his wits end, but could a day of creative problem solving be exactly what the monkey ordered for Professor Wiseman?
* The Box and The Hound - George happily agrees to watch Charkie while Aunt Margaret visits the museum, but dog sitting turns out to be much more exhausting than George imagined. Charkie will do anything to get what's inside of Aunt Margaret's parcel package and George promised he'd keep it safe! After twisting, turning, flipping, and rotating the box, George is able to get it out of sight, but Charkie's keen sense of smell makes it impossible to stay hidden for long. Armed with dog toys and a leash, can George figure out how to distract Charkie's super sense long enough to get the box back to Aunt Margaret's house unharmed?
- KQED 9: Thu, Aug 14, 2014 -- 8:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Thu, Aug 14, 2014 -- 6:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Fri, Aug 15, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Fri, Aug 15, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Mon, Aug 18, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
- KQED Plus: Wed, Aug 20, 2014 -- 3:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Sat, Aug 23, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
Night of the Weiner Dog/Animal Trackers (#313) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Night of the Weiner Dog - Poor Hundley! It's the first time he's been apart from the Doorman in over 3 years and George's room isn't exactly this dapper daschund's idea of "neat and orderly." Being a good host, George follows the Doorman's detailed instructions. George accurately measures Hundley's food, graciously lets him watch his favorite TV show, "Poodle Groomers," and even rearranges his living room to make Hundley feel more at home. Though Hundley's strict demands are not George's idea of a fun sleepover, George comes through for his friend by rescuing Hundley's squeaky mouse from the balcony. Now, at last, Hundley can fall asleep! Later that night, when George is having a nightmare, how can Hundley return the favor and help his friend?
* Animal Trackers - It's Nature Week and George is taking pictures of wild animals and their tracks for the big exhibit. Bullfrogs, squirrels, raccoons and hawks are all nice, but George wants a picture of something really exciting and unusual. While George searches for the fawn Bill spotted, he finds an unusual set of tracks that look like a cross between a gigantic duck and a colossal snake. George decides there must be a duckbilled dinosaur on the loose-which would make for a perfect photo for Nature Week! George leaves a trail of fruits and vegetables to lure the dinosaur, but then he remembers that not all dinosaurs are friendly! George frantically rushes to warn everyone, when he bumps into the real culprit behind those tracks - and it's very different than a dinosaur!
George Measures Up/Something New Under The Sun (#314) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* George Measures Up - Chef Pisghetti is cooking one up for the records book - a strand of spaghetti that measures 30 feet! When the Chef leaves for an important appointment, George protects the noodle from being destroyed by a playful Gnocchi. Later, the Chef calls to ask George how tall the building next door is, but George doesn't have anything long enough to measure with... or does he? Chef Pisghetti returns and sees a monkey measuring a building with the world's longest noodle. Now That's one for the record books!
* Something New Under the Sun - To beat the scorching summer heat, George and the Man with the Yellow Hat visit the museum, which is the only place in town with power, due to its new solar energy panel. George sees how the sun can charge batteries, and the Man agrees to make his famous lasagna as a surprise for Dr. Levit's birthday. But how can the Man make his lasagna without power for his electric oven? Can a monkey's new knowledge of solar power be the key to baking the world's first solar-energy birthday lasagna?
- KQED 9: Fri, Aug 15, 2014 -- 8:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Fri, Aug 15, 2014 -- 6:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Mon, Aug 18, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
- KQED Plus: Thu, Aug 21, 2014 -- 3:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Sat, Aug 23, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Sun, Aug 24, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
Movie House Monkey/Cooking with Monkey (#315) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Movie House Monkey - The Man with the Yellow Hat and George decide to rescue a beloved old bijou theatre from being replaced by a self-cleaning parking lot. If they can show Mr. Glass a truly "unique" experience, he promises to save the theatre from being demolished. So, with the Doorman and Hundley's help, they restore the theater to its original pristine beauty and organize a special screening of Mr. Glass's favorite movie. All goes well until the music gets jumbled, the film breaks, and a popcorn explosion accompanies a volcanic eruption on screen! The show must go on, and George saves the day by taking matters (and shadow puppets) into his own hands. Surely Mr. Glass can't say this wasn't unique!
* Cooking with Monkey - Professor Wiseman proudly presents a cake for the fire station barbecue, but when the cake bends a knife and proves to be extra sticky, everyone is astonished. Embarrassed, Wiseman explains that she will be "extra creative" for the bake sale. Bake sale? George needs to find out what's wrong with Wiseman's cooking, fast! Even with George's help finding the right cooking tools, Wiseman's next attempt proves to be another culinary disaster. Wiseman visits the restaurant to purchase something for the bake sale, and is stunned to see Chef Pisghetti cooking from a recipe. Wasn't cooking supposed to be creative? The Chef explains that a recipe is just like a scientific formula. Eureka! The rest is a piece of cake.
Personal Trainer/Sprout Outing (#401) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Personal Trainer - Professor Wiseman has generous sponsors for an exciting expedition if she completes a fund-raising footrace. But her first practice run is a disaster and she's about to give up until George volunteers to help her train. He's a great runner, so this should be easy, right? Not so! The first day of training leaves Professor Wiseman exhausted, thirsty and bored. George learns there is a lot to training as he becomes expert on stretching, keeping hydrated, and pacing yourself. But can he transfer all this to Professor Wiseman and find that secret ingredient that will keep her motivated to stay the course and finish the race?
* Sprout Outing - George has just been made an Honorary Junior Sprout of Country County and is thrilled to be on his first trip with the troop, especially since the Man with the Yellow Hat is the new Sprout Master. The plan is for a nice, relaxed vegetation exploration at the Incredible Edible Arboretum, but things don't go as planned! First, the troop gets lost following Assistant Sprout Master Bill's directions, then George gets separated from the rest and discovers a man sawing branches off a tree. That's in violation of Sprout's rules, and George decides he needs to be stopped! Will George be able to prevent this man from harming more trees and earn his Sprout stripes along the way?
The Big Picture/Juicy George (#402) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Big Picture - George loves imitating the Cerulean Warbler's distinct chirp and is aghast when the Man with the Yellow Hat tells him that his favorite bird is on the endangered species list. Not to worry, the Man just wrote a book to make people aware that the bird needs assistance. But unfortunately, stores don't want to carry the book because, at 1,400 pages, it looks like a boring scientific tome. Fortunately, George runs into Steve who has lots of idea for promoting his lemonade stand. This prompts George to come up with an idea of his own -- paint an empty billboard with a razzle-dazzle picture to help promote the book. Easier said than done and even when done, will it help sell the book and spread the bird word?
* Juicy George - George has never seen a farmer's market before and finding one on his doorstep is just about the best thing ever -- until he drinks Juicy Jay's special blended juice and then that's the best thing ever! When the farmer's market leaves and there's no more juice, the Man with the Yellow Hat and George decide they need their own juicer. As they start to unpack their new purchase, the Man gets called away. A smart monkey can figure out a juicer on his own and recreate the special juice, right? It's certainly not as easy as it seems and certainly not a mess-free process! Although he has a few missteps (amazing how mushed vegetables can fly all the way to the ceiling), George masters the juicer. But will he be able to make the juice he and the Man think is the best ever?
- KQED 9: Thu, Aug 21, 2014 -- 8:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Thu, Aug 21, 2014 -- 6:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Fri, Aug 22, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Fri, Aug 22, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Mon, Aug 25, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
- KQED Plus: Wed, Aug 27, 2014 -- 3:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Sat, Aug 30, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
Girl Meets Monkey/Curious George Ramps It Up (#403) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Girl Meets Monkey - George opens the chicken coop at the Renkins' farm and finds - wait -- a little girl?! Mrs. Renkins introduces George to Allie, her 5-year-old granddaughter who's spending her summer in the country. Allie is thrilled to meet George and practically runs out of breath asking him a million questions. She wants to know what it's like to be a monkey, and George spends an entire day showing her, which includes climbing high in a tree to see where Jumpy squirrel lives. When George climbs down the tree though, he finds that Allie is afraid to follow him. Not that Allie minds being stuck in the tree...she speaks squirrel, you know. Still, George knows girls can't live in trees. He needs to bring out Allie's inner monkey and get her down from the tree!
* Curious George Ramps It Up - Hundley takes it upon himself to return the toy a baby dropped in his lobby. But when George sees Hundley racing down the street with the toy in his mouth, George thinks he wants to play, and this delays Hundley. Hundley is not happy to see the baby drive off in a bus sans toy and is even more upset when Gnocchi, who wants in on the fun, grabs the toy and disappears through Pisghetti's basement window. George and Hundley follow Gnocchi into the basement, only to have the door lock behind them. Uh-oh. George and Gnocchi can climb up and out the window, but Hundley can't. George comes to the rescue by constructing a ramp leading to the window that even the littlest Daschund legs can climb. Now they just need to figure out where that baby went.
- KQED 9: Fri, Aug 22, 2014 -- 8:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Fri, Aug 22, 2014 -- 6:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Mon, Aug 25, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
- KQED Plus: Thu, Aug 28, 2014 -- 3:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Sat, Aug 30, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Sun, Aug 31, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
The Inside Story/A Monkey, A Plan, A Canal (#404) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Inside Story - George doesn't feel so well. He's sneezing and can't taste Chef Pisghetti's sauce. He learns that he has a germ inside that's given him a cold. George wishes he could make the germ go away so he could feel better. Gnocchi curls up with George and they both go to sleep. In his dream, George wakes up inside himself, with Gnocchi at his side. They are facing that pesky germ - the bluesy, singing Toots and his Germettes, who have set up camp inside George. George wants them to leave, but they are having a wonderful time and never want to go! George and Gnocchi chase Toots through George's body (nose, stomach and lungs) in an effort to evict him. Will they succeed? And if so, how?
* A Monkey, A Plan, A Canal - Oh no! George and Allie find that a dry spell has lowered the water level of Lake Wanasink Lake and one of their fish friends got trapped in a small pond away from it's family! What's a monkey and girl to do? Trying to put the fish in a pail to carry it over doesn't work. George decides to dig a canal between the lake and the little pond. This would work except that the small pond is downhill from the lake and fish can't swim up hill. With some help from Bill, George realizes his canal needs a lock. Even though this is big work for a little monkey, George is up to it! Once George figures out how to build it, will the fish use it and swim back to his family?
Downhill Racer/Book Monkey (#502) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Downhill Racer - When George hears about the annual soapbox derby, he enlists Allie to help him make the coolest car a monkey could drive. But even with the help of Bill's instruction manual, building a car takes a lot of work and car parts sure are hard to find. Will their car made out of wagon wheels, a kayak, and brakes from a buggy race past the finish line or are they on a crash course?
* Book Monkey - George loves books and helping others, so volunteering to help the librarian is a no-brainer! But when she is called away, George may have volunteered for a bigger job than he expected. He does his best to reshelf books, but when people can't find what they're looking for, he starts over from scratch. After he sorts by the color, then size, then subject, how will the exhausted little monkey react when the librarian tells him that books are also sorted alphabetically?
- KQED 9: Mon, Aug 25, 2014 -- 8:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Mon, Aug 25, 2014 -- 6:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Tue, Aug 26, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Tue, Aug 26, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
- KQED Plus: Fri, Aug 29, 2014 -- 3:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Sat, Aug 30, 2014 -- 6:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Sun, Aug 31, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
George and Marco Sound It Out/A Monkey's Duckling (#501) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* George and Marco Sound It Out - Nothing can stop George from listening to his favorite band, Lobos de Plata, a Latin band that plays in Endless Park. So when the bandstand is taken down, George goes on a mission with his friend and band-member, 8 year-old Marco, to find a perfect place for the band to play. After a day of checking the acoustics at Pisghetti's, the zoo, and George's lobby, their last hope is the museum. Will it have a room that is quiet, won't produce echoes, and is large enough for an entire band?
* A Monkey's Duckling - George is so anxious for Dumpling Duck's eggs to hatch that he takes over as chief egg-sitter when Dumpling takes a break. When the first duckling emerges and sees George, he thinks the monkey is his mama! As George shows his doting protege the differences between a monkey and a duck, can he convince the duckling that birds of a feather should flock together?
Guest Monkey/Charkie Goes to School (#405) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Guest Monkey - George is almost as excited as Allie on her first day of school, but is ecstatic when she invites him to school the next day as a special guest monkey! He soon learns, though, that kindergarten has a lot of special rules that he's not used to - like not climbing on the furniture or standing in the sand table. Will George get extra credit for trying to follow the rules, or will his effort create one big mess?
* Charkie Goes to School - Charkie's building has a new rule - all dogs must have a good-behavior diploma from obedience school. After seeing Charkie struggle with the obstacle course, George recruits the academy's top alumni, Hundley, to help prepare Charkie for the final exam. Can George and Hundley figure out a way to get Charkie to cross the finish line amid all the distractions?
Trader George/One in a Million Chameleon (#504) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Trader George - George has a new hobby - collecting interestingly shaped sticks with his squeaky, rolling cart. When he encounters Allie selling fresh apple cider, he trades his cart for a gallon, but later regrets his decision. He offers to trade a jar of sauerkraut to Allie in return for the cart, but Allie already traded it to Vicki. Can George find the perfect trade for Vicki or is his cart gone forever?
* One in a Million Chameleon - George could stay busy for hours watching Jade the chameleon--not only does she change colors, but she also has the world's fastest tongue. But when Jade escapes after George accidentally leaves her cage door open, he follows her trail right out the front door! George enlists Hundley's help, but will they be able to find a color-changing chameleon in the big city?
Monkey Size Me/Metal Detective (#505) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Monkey Size Me - It's hard being a little monkey in a big world. George tries to throw the Man with the Yellow Hat the perfect surprise party, but he orders a cake too big to fit in the freezer and he's too short to hang the decorations from the ceiling. George fantasizes about a life where everything is monkey-sized...where he could drive a monkey-sized car, order a monkey-sized cake, and even wear a monkey-sized yellow hat! But how would a monkey-sized party effect his regular sized guests?
* Metal Detective - There's no better way to spend a sunny afternoon than playing with your favorite robot on the beach. But when a sudden rainstorm has George and the Man with the Yellow Hat running for shelter, George is upset to learn that he left his robot resting in the sand. With Professor Wiseman's help, George makes a homemade metal detector to help him find his buried metal friend. Can a monkey rescue a robot using an alarm clock, tape, and a calculator?
- KQED 9: Wed, Aug 27, 2014 -- 9:00am email reminder
Go West, Young Monkey/Meet The New Neighbors (#508) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Go West, Young Monkey - The Doorman gets a special delivery - a Western Town to add to his amazing train set. He lets George, Steve, and Betsy assemble it, but they lose the final railroad pin that holds it all together! After helping them search, an exhausted Hundley dozes off and dreams that he's the deputy of an old West town where a stranger (George) loses the ceremonial pin that links the new railroad tracks. Can Deputy Hundley find the pin and save the day? < br />* Meet the New Neighbors - George ventures into the new neighborhood Vietnamese grocery store to buy carrots, cucumbers, and apples. He has a hard time finding the items on his list, so George buys the closest fruits and vegetables he can find: phat thu, mang cau ta, and kho qua. But the ingredients don't work in the Man with the Yellow Hat's recipes. Not wanting to take any more chances, George revisits the store, only this time he brings takeout and the storeowners back with him!
George's Home Run/Monkey On Ice (#506) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* George's Home Run - While Marco tries to hit his first Little League home run, George gets to play scorekeeper. Unfortunately, he can't remember the order of the numbers, so he isn't getting it quite right.Marco helps out by using a catchy song to teach George how to count from 1-10 and then George returns the favor by agreeing to be a pinch runner for an injured Marco. Can a speedy little monkey run the bases fast enough for Marco to get his first home run?
* Monkey on Ice - Bill wants to earn another Junior Sprout badge by constructing and sleeping in an igloo, inspiring George to build his own. Only George wants his igloo to have windows and be big enough to fit his friends and furniture--not small and cozy like Bill's. When George's huge ice house leaves him freezing cold, he decides to build one in a much warmer location--inside the country house.
- KQED 9: Thu, Aug 28, 2014 -- 9:00am email reminder