QUEST is an Emmy-Award winning multimedia series with a new focus on exploring the science of sustainability. Meet people across the country who are breaking new ground in science, technology and engineering to create a more sustainable future. Discover new stories about food, energy, water, climate and biodiversity at questscience. org.
Eat Less, Live Longer?/Earthquakes: Breaking New Ground (#118H) Duration: 26:46 STEREO TVG
Is eating less the secret to a longer life? It seems to be for some animals. Find out what scientists have learned. And discover new attempts by geologists to better understand and possibly predict earthquakes. Plus, Quest launches a new photo series featuring science and nature imagery from viewers like you.
Super Laser at the National Ignition Facility / Resurveying California's Wildlife 100 Years Later (#203H) Duration: 26:22 STEREO TVG
The largest laser beam in the world is being built in the Bay Area in pursuit of fusion energy; and find out how scientists are discovering key trends about Yosemite and California's wildlife by revisiting a 100-year-old study.
- KQED 9: Wed, Dec 25, 2013 -- 7:30pm email reminder
- KQED 9: Thu, Dec 26, 2013 -- 1:30am email reminder
- KQED Plus: Fri, Dec 27, 2013 -- 12:30am email reminder
- KQED World: Sat, Dec 28, 2013 -- 1:00pm email reminder
- KQED World: Sat, Dec 28, 2013 -- 7:30pm email reminder
- KQED World: Sun, Dec 29, 2013 -- 7:30am email reminder
- KQED World: Sun, Dec 29, 2013 -- 12:30pm email reminder
- KQED Plus: Sat, Jan 18, 2014 -- 5:00pm email reminder
Tagging Tuna/ Darfur Cooking Stoves (#208H) Duration: 26:20 STEREO TVG
Scientists work to uncover the lives of tuna in time to protect them and a simple stove design from Bay Area researchers is improving life in the refugee camps of Darfur.
Underwater Wilderness: Creating Marine Protected Areas/ Bio-Inspiration: Nature as Muse (#217H) Duration: 26:20 STEREO TVG
Dive into California's new conservation plan to protect whole ocean ecosystems; and meet UC Berkeley researchers using geckos, insects and other animals as inspiration for the design of new products.
HIV Research: Beyond the Vaccine/ Can Robots Learn? (#216H) Duration: 26:19 STEREO TVG
Meet the Bay Area HIV/AIDS researchers on the cutting edge of treatment and possibly a cure; and find out if robots can learn - and maybe one day clean your house.
- KQED 9: Wed, Jan 22, 2014 -- 7:30pm email reminder
- KQED 9: Thu, Jan 23, 2014 -- 1:30am email reminder
- KQED World: Sat, Jan 25, 2014 -- 1:00pm email reminder
- KQED Plus: Sat, Jan 25, 2014 -- 5:00pm email reminder
- KQED World: Sat, Jan 25, 2014 -- 7:30pm email reminder
- KQED World: Sun, Jan 26, 2014 -- 7:30am email reminder
- KQED World: Sun, Jan 26, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
Deep Water Corals/Uganda Chimps (#603H) Duration: 26:21 STEREO TVG
Travel thousands of feet below the ocean's surface to explore fragile deep sea corals off the California coast. Meet Bay Area engineers creating detailed virtual records of the world's great monuments, including their realistic recreation of the Mexican ruins of Chichen Itza. Plus, discover the Oakland Zoo's efforts to protect chimpanzees from illegal poaching in Uganda.