Each episode is a narrative built around a wacky troupe of characters, WordFriends, who are characters first and words second. WordFriends go on comic adventures and face challenges that can only be resolved with the right word. Sheep is a shy little girl who loves to pretend; Frog is the cautious brainiac and word "expert"; impetuous Duck is still learning his letters; Pig lives in the moment; Ant is a pragmatic bundle of energy; and Dog is a WordFriend's best friend. A key component of the show is word building, a unique moment when children witness a word "morph" into the thing it is. Word building reinforces the pre-reading concept that letters make words and that words have meaning.
Get Well Soon Soup/Mmm-Mmm-Milk! (#205H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Get Well Soon Soup - When Ant gets sick, Pig tries to take care of him by making his special Get-Well-Soon Soup. It has all the letters in the alphabet in it, so Pig can build any word that Ant needs to feel better. Pig just has to figure out what that word is!
* Mmm-mmm-milk! - When Ant comes over to Pig's house to eat cookies, Pig tries to get him to drink some milk. But Ant doesn't like milk! Or so he thinks...
- KQED Plus: Sat, Jul 4, 2015 -- 6:00am Remind me
Get Set for "Et"/Duck Plays The Piano (#206H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Get Set For "ET" - While sky-writing in his jet, Duck accidentally makes a cloud Dragon! Thinking it's a real dragon, Duck and the bugs set out to "catch" the dragon and "save" WordWorld. But how do you catch something made from clouds?
* Duck's Piano Lesson - When Bug, Bee and Fly keep interrupting Duck's piano lesson, Duck learns that some things are worth waiting for. He also learns that when a word has lots of sounds in it, you can build it sound by sound.
- KQED Plus: Sat, Jul 25, 2015 -- 6:00am Remind me