Each episode is a narrative built around a wacky troupe of characters, WordFriends, who are characters first and words second. WordFriends go on comic adventures and face challenges that can only be resolved with the right word. Sheep is a shy little girl who loves to pretend; Frog is the cautious brainiac and word "expert"; impetuous Duck is still learning his letters; Pig lives in the moment; Ant is a pragmatic bundle of energy; and Dog is a WordFriend's best friend. A key component of the show is word building, a unique moment when children witness a word "morph" into the thing it is. Word building reinforces the pre-reading concept that letters make words and that words have meaning.
Bugs to the Rescue/Sheep's First Bike Ride (#203H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Bugs to the Rescue - Ant builds Bear a hot-air balloon for her birthday, but Dog accidentally floats away in it! Ant elicits the help of his insect WordFriends Bug, Bee and Fly to rescue Dog and save the day.
* Sheep's First Bike Ride - Bear and Sheep both learn to build the word "bike," and Sheep learns how to ride one for the first time in her life. In both cases, it just takes some perseverance.
- KQED Plus: Sat, May 30, 2015 -- 6:00am Remind me
Duck's Hiccups/A.... A.... Choo! (#204H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Duck's Hiccups - When Duck drinks down a glass of water too quickly, he gets the hiccups for the first time ever! His WordFriends try every trick in the book to help him, but which cure will work?
*A...a...choo! - Pig is allergic to peaches! Too bad Sheep doesn't know that! When she brings Pig a big bag of peaches to make pies, Pig starts sneezing so much that he can't even tell Sheep what he really needs is a...a...apples. Sheep tries to guess what Pig needs, imagining a silly array of a-sounding words!
- KQED Plus: Sat, Jun 6, 2015 -- 6:00am Remind me