Each episode is a narrative built around a wacky troupe of characters, WordFriends, who are characters first and words second. WordFriends go on comic adventures and face challenges that can only be resolved with the right word. Sheep is a shy little girl who loves to pretend; Frog is the cautious brainiac and word "expert"; impetuous Duck is still learning his letters; Pig lives in the moment; Ant is a pragmatic bundle of energy; and Dog is a WordFriend's best friend. A key component of the show is word building, a unique moment when children witness a word "morph" into the thing it is. Word building reinforces the pre-reading concept that letters make words and that words have meaning.
Get Set for "Et"/Duck Plays The Piano (#206H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Get Set For "ET" - While sky-writing in his jet, Duck accidentally makes a cloud Dragon! Thinking it's a real dragon, Duck and the bugs set out to "catch" the dragon and "save" WordWorld. But how do you catch something made from clouds?
* Duck's Piano Lesson - When Bug, Bee and Fly keep interrupting Duck's piano lesson, Duck learns that some things are worth waiting for. He also learns that when a word has lots of sounds in it, you can build it sound by sound.
- KQED Plus: Sat, Nov 1, 2014 -- 6:00am
Shark's First Day of School/Shark's First Loose Tooth (#207H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Shark's First Day of School - It's the first day of school for the youngest WordFriends, but Shark is afraid to go. With the help of his good buddy Duck, and some gentle encouragement from their teacher Cat, Shark's fear turns to confidence, and by day's end he's at the head of the class.
* Shark's First Loose Tooth - When Shark loses his first baby tooth at a sleepover party with Duck, he's got to get to sleep fast so the tooth fairy can come and leave him a present. But there's just one problem-he can't fall asleep! With the help of his good friend Duck and the letter P, Shark finally finds just the word he needs to help him fall asleep.
- KQED Plus: Sat, Nov 8, 2014 -- 6:00am email reminder
Duck at Bat/You Can Never Have Too Many Oo's (#208H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Duck loses the letter B to his baseball bat and tries to build other words to hit the ball.
- KQED Plus: Sat, Nov 15, 2014 -- 6:00am email reminder
The Best Nest/Duck's Family Reunion (#209H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Best Nest - It's Duck's turn at show and tell at school, and he wants to bring the thing he loves the best: his nest! But when the nest breaks apart into letters, will Duck be able to retrieve them all in time?
* Duck's Family Reunion - Because they have a similar sounding name, Duck mistakes Truck for a long-lost relative! Frog is a bit ruffled at the epidemic of silliness going around, but ends up saving the day for Duck and his word 'family'.
- KQED Plus: Sat, Nov 22, 2014 -- 6:00am email reminder