This series follows the adventures of mild-mannered fifth grader, Becky Bostford, who becomes WordGirl armed with a cape, vocabulary words and lots of definitions.
A Questionable Pair/All That Chazz (#610H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* A Questionable Pair - When Becky sees Ms. Question in the jewelry store having a friendly conversation with Reginald she wonders what she might be up to. What she can't see is that Ms. Question has joined forces with Invisi-Bill to trick Reginald and rob the store. Meanwhile, Scoops can see that Becky is distracted from the movie they're watching. Will Becky be able to figure out what the villains are up to? Will she be able to stop them as WordGirl and not abandon Scoops as Becky? Vocabulary Words: Flatter, Tactic.
* All That Chazz - There's a new kid in town! Chazz does what he wants and is the authority on all things "cool". TJ is so impressed with Chazz that he does everything Chazz tells him in order to be as cool as his new friend. What will happen when TJ's new friendship gets him involved with Dr. Two Brains? Will TJ turn his back on WordGirl in order to prove he's cool enough? Or will he discover that being true to himself is even cooler? Vocabulary Words: Fascinated, Obey.
Shrinkin' in the Ray/Department Store Tobey (#111) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
SHRINKIN' IN THE RAY: WordGirl must defeat Dr.. 2-Brains when he invents a shrink ray, and uses it to shrink down the cheesy items he covets for easy stealing. DEPARTMENT STORE TOBEY: Tobey interrupts the Botsford's shoe shopping trip, as he tries to impress WordGirl with his elaborate riddles - but he's too clever for his own good.
Fortune Crookie/Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Crime (#611H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Fortune Crookie - When Seymour Smooth's latest show is cancelled, the desperate host must come up with a plan to get some quick cash. Meanwhile, Becky is suspicious when the townspeople start giving their hard-earned money to a mysterious object that claims to know the future. Will WordGirl be able to connect Seymour to the scam and help the townspeople get their money back? Vocabulary Words: Predict, Enthrall.
* Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Crime - When Becky and Mr. Botsford head into the forest to find an important ingredient for their Bold Botsford Stew they run into trouble! Dr. Two Brains and his henchmen are also searching for Bold Botsford Basil to complete a stolen recipe. Will WordGirl step in to make sure all's fair in the forest? Vocabulary Words: Concoction, Elusive.
Chuck E Sneeze/Swap Meat (#112) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
CHUCK E SNEEZE: WordGirl has to battle Chuck's latest evil scheme, while also fighting off a nasty cold. SWAP MEAT: The Butcher is making a bundle, auctioning off forgeries of famous lost works of art.. WordGirl has to figure out how he's pulling it off.
Mr. Big's Big Plan/Vocab Bee (#110) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
MR. BIG's BIG PLAN: WordGirl must get to the bottom of Mr. Big's plan to steal the local election when he claims he's reformed and runs for Mayor. VOCAB BEE: Becky enters a vocabulary bee, but the Butcher's latest crime spree proves to be a major distraction for WordGirl.
- KQED Kids: Wed, May 4, 2016 -- 7:30pm
- KQED Kids: Thu, May 5, 2016 -- 1:30am Remind me
Granny's Goodtime All-Cure Spritzer/Mecha-Mouse (#113) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
GRANNY'S GOODTIME ALL-CURE SPRITZER: WordGirl must put a stop to GrannyMay's latest con game - selling phony bottles of 'all-cure' spritzer that restores youth. MECHA-MOUSE: Dr.. 2-Brains builds a mechanical mouse muscle suit, to make him as strong as he is smart... WordGirl must stop him from robbing the annual 2-for-1 festival.
Go Gadget Go/Emergency Plan #999 (#612H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Go Gadget Go - TJ and his friend Johnson both think they are WordGirl's #1 fan and they compete to prove it! When WordGirl challenges them to each come up with a new gadget to help her fight crime, Johnson accepts help from Tobey! Will the device made by Johnson and Tobey help WordGirl or will it be another one of Tobey's tricks to try to control her? Vocabulary Words: Brainstorm, Gadget. < br />* Emergency Plan #999 - It's TJ to the rescue!?! When Dr. Two Brains captures Captain Huggy Face and forces WordGirl to remember all 998 of her emergency plans to get him back, WG realizes she needs help. WordGirl calls on her biggest fan, who just happens to be her little brother to help her. When Dr. Two Brains refuses to play fair, however, it becomes a Botsford family effort to save the day! Vocabulary Words: Courageous, Stunt.
Princess Triana & The Ogre of Castlebum/Heat Wave, Crime Wave (#114) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
Princess Triana & the Ogre of Castlebum - WordGirl does battle with Tobey, who is determined to steal a copy of the newest sequel to everyone's favorite book series so he can read it before everyone else. Heat Wave, Crime Wave - On the hottest day of the summer, GrannyMay uses her air-conditioned jetpack/suit of armor to go on a crime spree - and WG and CHF just might be too darn hot to stop her.
Thorn in the Sidekick/Crime Takes A Holiday (#115) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
Thorn in the Sidekick - Chuck reluctantly teams up with an obnoxious, exasperating new sidekick named The Whammer. WG and CHF must track them down - before everything in town gets whammed. Crime Take a Holiday - Dr 2-Brains is on vacation, and WG has to battle his replacement - a super-fan named Glen who isn't quite as scary as the real Doc.
Meat with a Side of Cute/Mr. Big Words (#116) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
Meat with a Side of Cute - Tired of being defeated by WordGirl, the Butcher enlists the unlikely ally of an adorable kitten - hoping to conquer WG with cuteness. Mr. Big Words - WordGirl is busier than ever when Mr Big invents a ray that causes everyone in town to use big, complicated words.
Two Brains Forgets/Banned on the Run (#117) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
Two Brains Forgets - It looks like all is lost when Dr 2-Brains discovers WordGirl's secret identity! But some quick thinking, some help from the Botsford family, and a little luck save the day when 2-Brains' amnesia ray ends up working on the Doc himself. Banned on the Run - Mr. Big finally cheats his way to becoming the town Mayor - and his first order of business is to ban Word Girl! WG and Huggy must restore order to the town and undo all of the silly laws Mr Big keeps passing.
It's Your Party and I'll Cry if I Want To/Becky's Bad-itude (#701H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* It's Your Party and I'll Cry if I Want To - Becky discovers that Violet and Scoops were invited to Katy's birthday party while she wasn't, and she can't help but feel a little left out. When Tobey sends his robots out on a citywide rampage, destroying everything in their path, Becky realizes she might not be the only one who wasn't on Katy's invite list. Can Beck- I mean, WordGirl lift her classmate's robotic spirits before he ruins the birthday party? Vocabulary Words: Rampage, Sensitive.
* Becky's Bad-itude - Not only are Vanilly and Billy a pair of outer space rock 'n roll ninjas, they're the stars of the most popular TV show at Becky's school, and anybody who is anybody is has tickets to their concert. Thanks to Mr. Botsford, Becky has tickets, too - to The Squishy Funbots Rollerama. At the concert, Becky, embarrassed, tries her hardest not to be seen, but when Dr. Two-Brains crashes the Funbots concert, WordGirl must come out of hiding. Can WordGirl stop Two-Brains in his cheesy tracks? And will Becky ever admit that she likes Squishy Funbots, even a little bit? Vocabulary Words: Juvenile, Lack.
First One to Win Wins/A Little Bigger WordGirl (#702H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* First One to Win Wins - At the Botsford house, TJ has turned everything into an impossible competition, causing Becky to grow more and more frustrated every time she loses. When the Butcher steals Mrs. Von Hoosinghaus' prize poodle, Becky is eager to suit up as WordGirl and finally claim victory. But is it possible WordGirl might actually lose to the Butcher? Or will she discover that there are more important things than being the winner? Vocabulary Words: Victor, Fume.
* A Little Bigger WordGirl - Uh oh! WordGirl is captured by Dr. Two-Brains. However, just when Two-Brains is about to shrink WordGirl to the size of a mouse, his plan backfires, and WordGirl becomes bigger, not smaller. Though her bigger size allows her to break free from Two-Brains, she quickly realizes that she can no longer control her super powers. Does this mean Two-Brains can finally take control of the city, and WordGirl is helpless to stop him? Vocabulary Words: Elongate, Adjust.
A Curious Case of Curiosity/There's No V In Team (#703H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* A Curious Case of Curiousity - When Mrs. Botsford gets zapped by Ms. Question's Curiosity Field Creator, she cannot help but bombard Becky and TJ with a string of endless questions. Will WordGirl be able to stop Ms. Question before she turns not only her mother, but the whole city into a bunch of relentless question-askers or will she find herself incurably curious, too? Vocabulary Words: Privacy, Interrogate.
* There's No V in Team - We all know how Victoria Best deals with losing, right? Not very well. So when Becky causes Victoria to publically lose the City Quiz Bowl Championship, Victoria hatches a plan to take back the title and reclaim her place at #1, no matter the cost. Will WordGirl get the trophy back to its rightful owners? Will she finally teach Victoria Best what it means to be a good sport?Okay, maybe that second part is asking a little too much. Vocabulary Words: Swipe, Triumph.
- KQED Kids: Mon, May 16, 2016 -- 11:30pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Tue, May 17, 2016 -- 5:30am Remind me
- KQED Kids: Thu, May 19, 2016 -- 7:30pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Fri, May 20, 2016 -- 1:30am Remind me
- KQED Kids: Sat, May 21, 2016 -- 11:30pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Sun, May 22, 2016 -- 5:30am Remind me
- KQED Kids: Wed, Jun 8, 2016 -- 11:30pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Thu, Jun 9, 2016 -- 5:30am Remind me
- KQED Kids: Mon, Jun 13, 2016 -- 7:30pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Tue, Jun 14, 2016 -- 1:30am Remind me
- KQED Kids: Sat, Jun 18, 2016 -- 7:30pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Sun, Jun 19, 2016 -- 1:30am Remind me
Lady Redundant Woman/A Game of Cat and Mouse (#119) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
Lady Redundant Woman - All Beatrice Bixby wants is to be named manager of the local copy shop where she works. But one day when she merges with a photocopier she becomes Lady Redundant Woman. A Game of Cat and Mouse - Just when it seems like nothing can stop Dr 2 Brains from transforming hair gel into cream cheese, WordGirl teams up with the newest resident of 2 Brain's old science lab - Professor Tubing.
The Masked Meat Marauder/Sandwich World (#120) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Masked Meat Marauder - While the Botsfords and the Mings go head to head in a charity car wash, the Butcher battles his new rival--the Masked Meat Marauder. Can this town handle two meat-flinging villains or will WordGirl have to send one of them packing?
* Sandwich World - Chuck is fed up with living at home in his mom's basement. So he builds an evil lair, Sandwich World! Will WordGirl and Captain Huggy Face escape Chuck's crazy sandwich theme park? And will Chuck be strong enough to avoid getting homesick?
Violet Superhero/Big Business (#121) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
Violet Superhero - There's a new superhero in town when Violet becomes "The Framer." It seems like her "superpowers" aren't much help while WordGirl is doing all the crime-fighting. But when the Butcher attacks "The Framer" comes to the rescue. Big Business - Mr. Big rigs Businesspaloozafest, putting on a spectacle at his booth, in order to win ownership of the biggest building in town. It's up to Huggy to disarm the mind control ray so that WordGirl can stop Mr. Big from cheating-and speaking gibberish.
The Handsome Panther/The Butcher, The Baker, and the Candlestick Maker (#122) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Handsome Panther - Chuck is tired of the same old sandwich-related crimes so he develops a new persona: The Handsome Panther! He's ferocious and he even has a theme song. Will WordGirl be thrown off by Chuck's new identity?
* The Butcher, the Baker, and the Candlestick Maker - Rub a dub dub! The Butcher and his old pals, The Baker and The Candlestick Maker, try to relive the good old days of pulling silly pranks. But can the Butcher resist his truly evil ways when WordGirl shows up on the scene?
Sparkling Clean/The Smile Collector (#704H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Sparkling Clean - It's the day of the Pretty Princess Power Hour Marathon, and Becky is anxiously waiting for it to begin when Mrs. Botsford tells her that she cannot watch any TV until she finishes her chores. Becky decides to use her WordGirl superpowers not to complete her chores, but to hide the mess, and she discovers that her lack of responsibility may not only disappoint her parents, but Pretty Princess herself. Vocabulary Words: Shirk, Unruly.
* The Smile Collector - Violet is selling drawings to the public in exchange for smiles, and Becky, her best friend in the world, has promised to help her with her new business. However, when Chuck the Evil Sandwich Making Guy causes trouble near Violet's art stand, Becky feels torn between her duties as a friend and her duties as the city's #1 superhero. Will WordGirl sacrifice her relationship with Violet to stop Chuck or will she keep her word to her friend, letting the super villain win? Vocabulary Words: Unique, Repulsive.
Mousezilla/Villain School (#123) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Mousezilla - Team Botsford goes head-to-head against Team Heaslip in the citywide scavenger hunt. Dr. Two-Brains and Tobey have also teamed up to create a mighty, metal Mouse-Zilla robot to attack the city and steal all its cheese. Will WordGirl be able to defeat Mouse-zilla and help the Botsford's win the scavenger hunt? Vocab words: Collaborate, Quest
* Villain School - In an attempt to inspire some novice villains, The Coach invites his prize student, The Whammer, to speak at his new school for Evil Villains and Arch Enemies. WordGirl faces off against this new pack of troublemakers to thwart their first assignment: stealing the legendary "Michelangelo's Whistle". Vocab words: Novice, Legendary