This series follows the adventures of mild-mannered fifth grader, Becky Bostford, who becomes WordGirl armed with a cape, vocabulary words and lots of definitions.
Trustworthy Tobey/The Tooth Hurts (#807H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
Trustworthy Tobey - Becky is returning a very, very large stack of books to the library, and - oh no! - she is one book short, which means she can't rent the latest in the Princess Triana series. Suddenly, she remembers that she loaned that book to Tobey. Becky shifts the blame to Tobey, who insists he returned the book to Becky days ago. The librarian believes Becky, and Tobey, hurt at being called irresponsible, sends his robots out to destroy the library. Will WordGirl stop the robots, or will her beloved library be crushed? Vocabulary Words: Trustworthy, Shipshape. The Tooth Hurts - Scoops is going to be absent from school for a few days (for reasons he wants to keep private), and he asks Becky to take over the Daily Rag while he is gone. While Scoops is gone, Becky makes the story behind his absence front-page news. Scoops is mortified - now everyone in the school knows his embarrassing secret! Scoops wants to make Becky feel as crummy as he did, but would he really go so far as to reveal WordGirl's secret identity? Vocabulary Words: Absent, Mortify/Mortified.
Tim Botsford: Neighborhood Assistant/Set Sail for the Bake Sale (#810H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
Tim Botsford: Neighborhood Assistant - Mr. Botsford, Becky, and Bob are walking through the park when they hear Pete the Porcupine crying for help. Becky is confident she can climb the tree to save Pete, but Mr. Botsford is convinced that she needs his help and protection. Hurt that Becky refuses his help, Tim becomes the Neighborhood Assistant, determined to help anyone who needs it (or doesn't). Can WordGirl save the city from Chuck's sandwich-making schemes AND keep Mr. Botsford from interfering? Vocabulary Words: Prevent, Assistant. Set Sail for the Bake Sale - When Becky finds out there's a Pretty Princess on Roller Skates show, she has to see it. She decides that the debate club should use the money from their bake sale to buy tickets instead of buying new podiums. But when Nocan the Contrarian sets out to steal all the granola bars from the bake sale, WordGirl springs into action! Will the debate team get their new podiums, Pretty Princess tickets, or nothing at all? Vocabulary Words: Distant, Transport.
Kid Math, Part 1/Kid Math, Part 2 (#712H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Kid Math, Part 1 - Turns out there's a new kid superhero in Fair City - Kid Math! From the planet Hexagon! And because his is from another planet, he is a little... well... clueless as to how to be a superhero on the planet Earth. He doesn't really understand the whole secret identity thing, and his crime fighting methods are a bit strange. Will Kid Math accidentally let Dr. Two-Brains get away with his plan to turn the entire city into cheese, or even worse, will he reveal WordGirl's real identity? Vocabulary Words: Calculate, Equal/Equation, Reproduce, Hint.
Kid Math, Part 2 - Becky Botsford (aka WordGirl) is trying to teach Rex (aka Kid Math) what it really means to be a superhero, that it is about protecting the town's citizens, not just defeating villains. And Rex's re education isn't exactly going as planned. Can WordGirl get Kid Math into fighting shape in time to stop Dr. Two-Brains from zapping the entire city with his cheese ray, or will the city she loves become Dr. Two-Brains' next snack? Vocabulary Words: Calculate, Equal/Equation, Reproduce, Hint.
- KQED Kids: Sat, Feb 6, 2016 -- 7:30pm
- KQED Kids: Sun, Feb 7, 2016 -- 1:30am
What Would Wordgirl Do/Granny's Corner (#806H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
What Would WordGirl Do - Becky, Bob, TJ and Johnson are spending the day at the city water park... right after Mrs. Botsford finishes her seemingly unending list of errands. As the kids follow Mrs. Botsford to the bank, the grocery, everywhere but the water park, TJ and Johnson amuse themselves by imagining what WordGirl would do if a villain were to suddenly appear. Little do they know, their crime fighting knowledge will be put to the test when they finally arrive at the park. Vocabulary Words: Amuse, Errand. Granny's Corner - Granny May is the star of her own advice show called "Granny's Corner", and though her advice sounds innocent enough, it has a way of inciting chaos around the city. WordGirl knows Granny May is up to something (she always is), but how can a couple of pieces of bad advice be criminal? Vocabulary Words: Suggest, Pester.
- KQED Kids: Sat, Feb 6, 2016 -- 11:30pm
- KQED Kids: Sun, Feb 7, 2016 -- 5:30am
Royally Framed/Wordgirl Vs. Tobey Vs. The Dentist (#713H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Royally Framed - Lady Redundant Woman is at the museum copying famous works of art when she becomes distracted and accidentally copies the Royal Dandy, bringing him to life... again. Royal Dandy's first priority is to make himself some mates, so he steals items from the museum and hands them out around town as gifts. When WordGirl confronts him, Royal Dandy pins the crime on her. Now the whole town thinks WordGirl is a thief! How will WordGirl outsmart the Royal Dandy and save her reputation? Vocabulary Words: Vain, Knickknack. < br>* WordGirl vs. Tobey vs. The Dentist - TJ, Becky and Bob are spending the afternoon with the coolest person in town - the dentist! Every kid loves their time with Dr. Clocktormocktor, except Tobey, who comes storming out of the exam room, adamant that there is no way he has a cavity. He tries to console himself with a delicious candy bar, but one bite sends him reeling in pain. Cradling his jaw, Tobey orders his robots to destroy the candy factory, which he sees as the cause of his pain, and since Becky (aka WordGirl) is stuck in a dentist's chair, this just might be one crime Tobey gets away with... Vocabulary Words: Appointment, Cavity.
A Sticky Situation/Eight Legs Vs. Two-Brains (#808H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
A Sticky Situation - Somehow a broken figurine leads to WordGirl and TJ becoming glued together, back-to-back. Though TJ can't think of anything better than spending time with his favorite superhero, WordGirl is desperate to get unstuck. Unfortunately, she doesn't have much time to figure out a solution. Granny May is on a crime spree! Will WordGirl find her way out of this sticky situation in time to stop Granny or will TJ weigh her down? Vocabulary Words: Adhesive, Precious. Eight Legs vs. Two-Brains - Unfortunately for Becky, it's her turn to take home the class pet - a hairy, scary, crawly tarantula named Shaggy. Though she is afraid of the spider, it's her responsibility to care for him, which means when Dr. Two-Brains reveals his latest cheesy crime, Shaggy comes along for the ride. Will WordGirl's fear of the spider get in her way, or will she find a way to overcome her phobia? Vocabulary Words: Volunteer, Habitat.
The Best of the Best/Art's Parts (#811H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
The Best of the Best - After TJ tells Becky all about his new friend Victor, she has a sneaking suspicion that he's related to the boastful Victoria Best. Turns out she's right - and now both Bests are spending the day at the Botsfords. As Becky tries to get along with Victoria, Victor makes a devious plan to not only best his sister, but to take away WordGirl's superpowers! Can WordGirl find a way to stop the bragging Bests and get back her powers? Vocabulary Words: Ancient, Twist. Art's Parts - When someone starts stealing every piece of art in the city, Becky sees just another crime - but Violet sees a downright awful tragedy. Although Becky has a hard time putting the importance of art into words, she's determined to catch this thief and put the art back where it belongs. Can she catch the villain in the act, or will all the creativity be sucked out of the city? Vocabulary Words: Evasive, Linger.
Time-Out with Two-Brains/Dr. Wordgirl-Brains (#809H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
Time-Out with Two-Brains - Unfortunately for Becky, it's her turn to take home the class pet - a hairy, scary, crawly tarantula named Shaggy. Though she is afraid of the spider, it's her responsibility to care for him, which means when Dr. Two-Brains reveals his latest cheesy crime, Shaggy comes along for the ride. Will WordGirl's fear of the spider get in her way, or will she find a way to overcome her phobia? Vocabulary Words: Volunteer, Habitat. Dr. WordGirl-Brains - When Dr. Two-Brains realizes his vault of cheese is going to expire, he decides the only way to save his beloved cheese is to freeze time. WordGirl and Captain Huggyface start to enjoy the extra hours of relaxation, until they find out the city could be frozen forever! Can our dynamic duo put a stop to Dr. Two-Brains and before his pause is permanent? Vocabulary Words: Expire, Pause.
Rhyme and Reason, Part 1/Rhyme and Reason, Part 2 (#812H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
Rhyme and Reason, Part 1 - Rhyme and Reason, a new villainous duo, arrive in the city for a crime spree. But when WordGirl goes to put a stop to them, she finds that these scoundrels aren't on the same page - resulting in some of the strangest crimes she's ever seen. As WordGirl chases the quarreling villains around town, she realizes one of her own friendships is in jeopardy, too! Can WordGirl save her friendship AND her city? Vocabulary Words: Harmony, Resolve. Rhyme and Reason, Part 2 - Heroes, villains, and narrators alike are feeling down. WordGirl can't muster the enthusiasm to battle Tobey's robots, and Rhyme is lost without Reason. In order to stop these ridiculous (and destructive) crimes, WordGirl decides to get the villains back together and making sense. But once their back together, will Rhyme and Reason be too powerful to stop? Vocabulary Words: Forlorn, Chaos.
World's Best Dad/The Good Old, Bad Old Days (#813H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
World's Best Dad - When Becky orders a gigantic book of world records, she decides it's time to help her dad break one. Unfortunately, Victoria Best finds out about their plan and decides she should be the world record holder, not Mr. Botsford. After being bested by Victoria again and again, Becky comes up with a brand new record - one that isn't even in the record book! Will Mr. Botsford beat Victoria fair and square, or will she find a way to take the prize? Vocabulary Words: Attempt, Combine/Combination. The Good Old, Bad Old Days - Becky and Scoops are ready to start working on their school project when the Butcher charges past them. After Becky finds out that he's up to no good, WordGirl is on the case - but the Butcher has changed his usual routine, and leaves WordGirl in the dust! WordGirl discovers that the Butcher's new moves came from a book about how to defeat super heroes. Can WordGirl take back the book and defeat the Butcher before it's too late? Vocabulary Words: Hazy, Reminisce.
Granny and Clyde/Too Loud Crew (#302H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Granny and Clyde - Granny May cons Mr. Botsford into using him as her getaway driver as she goes on a citywide crime spree. WordGirl must find a way to turn Granny May in to the cops without putting her dad behind bars.
* Too Loud Crew - The Butcher and the Whammer unexpectedly team up and things get a little noisy. What happens when they both want to be the leader, not the sidekick? Will WordGirl be able to stop their crimes and restore the city streets to a quieter place to be?
The Invisi-Bill Hand/Birthday Town (#303H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Invisi-bill Hand - When Invisi-Bill and Big Left Hand Guy team up, Invisi-Bill quickly becomes jealous when he doesn't get any publicity for being the true villain that he is. WordGirl uses his need for fame to trick him into revealing himself.
* Birthday Town - At "Mr. Big's Birthday Time All the Time Party Supply Store" all of the parents are going crazy! They think every day is their child's birthday. WordGirl has to find a way to shut off Mr. Big's mind control device and get the Birthday Girl to stop being so greedy.
The Pretty Princess and Mr. Big Power Hour/Clean Up in Aisle Eleven (#304H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Remote Control - WordGirl's wildest dream has come true: she's part of an episode of Pretty Princess. It seems like the perfect situation until we realize the villainous Mr. Big is behind this scheme. WordGirl must escape the grips of Mr. Big's remote control in order to save the city.
* Clean Up In Aisle Eleven - Bob agrees to be a "substitute WordGirl" for a ribbon cutting ceremony at the grocery store while Becky participates in the debate club. When Lady Redundant Woman and her clones stage a heist that's beyond Huggy's control, Becky must choose between the debate club and her quest for justice.
Risky Chuckness/That's Entertainment (#305H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Risky Chuckness - When Two-Brains catches wind of the fact that Chuck is home alone he invites all of the villains to his house. WordGirl makes a surprise appearance at the villain gathering only to discover that she is surrounded by her most dangerous foes. In an effort to preserve his house, Chuck teams up with WordGirl to stop the other villains in their tracks.
* That's Entertainment - The Energy Monster's latest prison break interrupts the Botsford's family television time. While Tim, Sally, and TJ brainstorm new forms of entertainment, WordGirl hunts down the Energy Monster and returns him to his prison cell.
Victoria Best/Showdown at the Secret Spaceship Hideout (#306H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Victoria Best - New student (and villain) Victoria Best wins all but one of the trophies at the school assembly. When Becky's trophy goes missing, WordGirl and Captain Huggy Face come up with a contest that will thwart Victoria's evil trophy stealing plans.
* Showdown at the Super Secret Spaceship Hideout - During the latest encounter between WordGirl and Dr. Two Brains, Two-Brains hits himself with his snooze-ray. When he and his Henchmen wake up from their slumber, they find themselves in WordGirl's secret spaceship hideout. WordGirl must battle them for control of the snooze-ray and her secret hideout.
Captain Tangent/Chuck and Brent Ride Again (#307H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Captain Tangent - When Becky and her family go out to dinner at Blackbeard's Buffet, they encounter a new villain, Captain Tangent - a teenage pirate with a magnetic hook and talking parrot. It's up to WordGirl to stop him from stealing her mom's trophy and all the coins (a.k.a. doubloons) in the city.
* Chuck and Brent Ride Again - Chuck's famous brother Brent is in a slump; he lost his confidence. Chuck happily takes him under his wing and tries to make Brent his new sidekick. On a routine robbery at the sub shop, Brent gets sidetracked by Reuben Grinder, the owner who wants to talk about innovations in sandwich-making.
Bend It Like Becky/Questionable Behavior (#308H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Bend it Like Becky - Becky's new soccer team, the Butterfly Unicorn Laser Gorillas and Dr. Two-Brains clash on the soccer field when they both realize they booked it for the same day. The two teams must play a winner-take-all soccer match to determine who gets control of the field.
* Questionable Behavior - Ms. Question's powers are at all an-time high now that she's discovered she can get people to tell her their deepest, darkest secrets. Ms. Question will be able to blackmail everyone in the city - including WordGirl! Our favorite superhero and her monkey sidekick must stop Ms. Question by giving her a taste of her own medicine.
Nocan The Evil Ingredient Finding Guy/The Straw That Broke Two Brains' Back (#309H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Nocan the Evil Ingredient Finding Guy - Chuck commissions Nocan the Contrarian to be his apprentice in the city's sandwich-making contest. Chuck gets really frustrated when Nocan does the opposite of all of his instructions to make the perfect award-winning sandwich. And that's when he pulls out the Crusher. How will WordGirl save the day.. . and the sandwiches?
* The Straw That Broke Two Brains' Back - Becky is tired of missing out on regular kid fun because she always has to save the city from another villain's scheme. When Dr. Two Brains interrupts her Pretty Princess documentary it puts her over the edge. Can WordGirl defeat Dr. Two Brains and get back to the making-of her favorite show in time?
Cherish Is The Word/Granny's Intuition (#310H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Cherish is the Word - It's Valentines Day! All of the kids at school are making special valentines to share with their special friends. But when Victoria Best runs off with all of the cards, will she ruin Valentine's Day for everyone? It's up to WordGirl to swoop in and save the day.
* Granny's Intuition - According to the local news Granny May seems to be figuring out who's been committing the latest crime sprees that are sweeping the city. When Granny May chalks it up to her intuition, WordGirl has a hunch that this villain hasn't changed her ways.
Bampy Battles Bots/Truth, Revision, and the Lexicon Way (#311H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Bampy Battles Bots - The Botsfords couldn't be more excited to have Bampy, Becky and TJ's grandfather, visit! Becky is thrilled to see him until he tells her that he used to fight robots better than WordGirl. When Tobey invents the ultimate invincible robot, will Bampy be able to help WordGirl save the day?
* Truth, Revision, and the Lexicon Way - Mr. Big tries a new form of mind control by taking over the school's newspaper, the "Daily Rag". With his misleading articles and city-wide contests, Mr. Big threatens to reveal WordGirl's secret identity.
Meat-Life Crisis/Mobot Knows Best (#312H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Meat-Life Crisis - When the Butcher can't summon the meat to defeat WordGirl he decides to go live at home with his dad, Kid Potato. He convinces his son to join him at the ballpark to work as a food vendor. Will this be the end of the Butcher's villainous ways?
*Mobot Knows Best - It's parent-teacher conference day at Woodview Elementary School. To insure that Tobey's real mother doesn't hear about his robot distractions he creates "Mobot," a robot designed to act like his mom. Will Tobey's Mobot act human enough to fool his teacher?
A Better Mousetrap: Part 1/A Better Mousetrap: Part 2 (#313H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* A Better Mousetrap: Part 1 - On the latest episode of "Getting the Scoop with Scoops," Scoops interviews WordGirl, reminiscing about her victorious adventures defeating Dr. Two Brains. Humiliated and worried about his villainous reputation, Dr. Two Brains hijacks the television studio with a Goop Ray to give WordGirl her final interview.
* A Better Mousetrap: Part 2 - In an attempt to maintain his dignity, Dr. Two Brains' takes over Scoops' talk show. He shows footage of himself defeating WordGirl, butt isn't long before WordGirl seizes the opportunity to turn the tides, and the cameras, restoring order to the show.
Sonny Days with a Chance of Showers/Seymour....Right After This (#401H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
SONNY DAYS WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS - Just when meteorologist, Sonny Days, is about to deliver the eagerly-awaited forecast, The Birthday Girl kidnaps him demanding that he announce her birthday on TV. Will WordGirl be able to free Sonny from the clutches of The Birthday Girl? Is it possible that today could be her real birthday? Vocabulary Words: Precipitation, Meteorologist. SEYMOUR-RIGHT AFTER THIS - When Seymour Smooth delays announcing his new show's winning ticket numbers, Becky gets suspicious. While the entire town is captivated by Seymour's exciting show, WordGirl must find a way to stop him and his evil band of robbers. Vocabulary Words: Delay, Captivated.
The Fill-In/Word (Hicc)Up! (#402H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
THE FILL-IN - The Butcher volunteers to fill in when one of Dr. Two Brains' henchmen, Charlie, goes on vacation. But instead of giving him orders, Dr. Two Brains tries to convince him to team up to create the ultimate ham and cheese duo. It's up to WordGirl to intervene and still find time to go to the Around the Moon dance. Vocabulary Words: Surrender, Temporary. WORD (HICC)UP! - While WordGirl tries to find a remedy for the hiccups, Chuck tries to get his condiment ray fixed by Hal Hardbargain. Can WordGirl stop Chuck's latest crime spree or will her hiccups stop her? And who is this new guy, Hal Hardbargain? Vocabulary Words: Remedy, Glitch.
Leslie Makes It Big/Mouse Brain Take-Over (#403H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Leslie Makes it Big - When Mr. Big gets hauled off to jail, his assistant, Leslie, takes over to carry out their latest evil plan-building the most powerful mind control device ever! Will Mr. Big help WordGirl defeat Leslie, or will Leslie become bigger than Mr. Big? Vocabulary Words: Ridiculous, Assume.
* Mouse Brain Take-over - Just as WordGirl is about to give TJ, the winner of the "WordGirl Synonym Contest," a tour of her secret hide-out, she discovers Dr. Two-Brains' is going on an all-out cheese rampage. This time he's more evil (and more mousy) than ever! Vocabulary Words: Abandon, Dilemma.
Chuck with a Sidekick of Brent/Yarn-4-Gold (#404H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
CHUCK WITH A SIDEKICK OF BRENT - Once again Chuck teams up with his successful brother, Brent who attempts to organize Chuck's robberies. But when Chuck rebels against the system he sets out to turn the city into a giant sandwich-unless WordGirl can stop him. Vocabulary Words: Accomplish, Schedule. YARN-4-GOLD - WordGirl and Bampy team up to take down the villainous Granny May and stop her newest criminal enterprise-exchanging gold jewelry for one-of-a-kind purple yarn replacements. Vocabulary Words: Rubbish, Swap.
Whammer Anniversary/Rat Trap (#405H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
WHAMMER ANNIVERSARY - Mr. and Mrs. Bots ford leave Becky to babysit TJ so they can celebrate their anniversary at a local ice cream parlor. When the Whammed can't get the sundae he orders he starts whamming. Becky has to find a way to save her parents, babysit TJ, and keep her secret identity intact. Vocabulary Words: Glimpse, Occasion. RAT TRAP - After an anonymous source tips off Word Girl, Dr. Two Brains smells a rat and his name is Hal Hard bargain! In order to get revenge, he forces Hal to create the ultimate weapon, a ray that turns superheroes into cheese! Vocabulary Words: Confiscate, Whiz.
Wordgirl and Bobbleboy/Crime in the Key of V (#406H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* WordGirl and BobbleBoy - TJ decides to make and sell his own WordGirl bobblehead dolls at all of her crime scenes. Unfortunately, the booming sales distract WordGirl so much that she loses her battle with Chuck! Will the bobblehead dolls put WordGirl out of business? Vocabulary Words: Bobble, Souvenir.
* Crime in the Key of V - Determined to be the best at everything, the villainous Victoria Best sets out to be the best superhero in the city and put WordGirl out of commission for good. When Victoria captures Amazing Rope Guy with her tractor beam eyes will WordGirl have to settle for second best? Vocabulary Words: Exceptional, Meddle.
Where Have All The Villains Gone?/Captain Tangent Returns (#407H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Where Have All the Villians Gone? - Ms. Question comes up with a brilliant plan to get rid of WordGirl: eliminate all of the city's villains so WordGirl is no longer needed. Will Ms. Question be able to keep WordGirl away? Or will a villian-less city need her after all. Vocabulary Words: Eliminate, Entire.
* Captain Tangent Returns - With hopes of having an article published in the Big City Times, Scoops decides to go undercover and become part of Captain Tangent's pirate crew. After leaking Captain Tangent's plans to rob a vessel, will WordGirl make it time to save the day? Vocabulary Words: Vessel, Publish.
Have Snob, Will Travel/Tobey's Playground Calamity (#408H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Have Snob, Will Travel - Unable to choose the most valuable items to steal, The Butcher kidnaps Reginald the jeweler and uses him for his knowledge of fine artifacts. Amidst a fence painting contest, Becky must put her paint brush down so that WordGirl can rescue Reginald and stop the Butcher's stealing spree. Vocabulary Words: Formal, Fret.
* Tobey's PlayGround Calamity - Ms. Davis holds a recycling fundraiser contest to raise money for a new playground, which was destroyed by villains over the weekend. It will be dedicated in honor of the winner. Will Becky finally be recognized for her merits over WordGirl?Or will Tobey and his evil robots destroy the city in his quest to win? Vocabulary Words: Dedicate, Calamity.
The Birthday Girl's Monstrous Gift/Hal The Haggler (#409H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Birthday Girl's Monstrous Gift - After being captured by WordGirl and locked safely in a jar on the hottest day of the year, The Energy Monster convinces Eileen to free and feed him so that he is able to continue terrorizing the city and ruin the Summer Winter Carnival. WordGirl must recapture The Energy Monster but will she be able to do so when an angry Eileen turns into The Birthday Girl after her new pet is taken from her? Vocabulary Words: Guzzle, Monstrous. < br />* Hal the Haggler - While doing chores to save money for a new unicorn figurine, WordGirl must stop Granny May from stealing Cleopatra's Bed out of the museum. After a number of attempts, Granny May and WordGirl realize they are both being swindled by Hal. Will WordGirl team up with a villain in order to bring a swindler to justice? Vocabulary Words: Defend, Haggle.
The Learnerer/Mr. Big's Dinner and a Scam (#410H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Learnerer - Using his talent to see things once and learn them immediately, The Learnerer is able to steal the giant Santa Tortuga diamond from Ms. Von Hoosinghaus. When WordGirl arrives to save the day, all of her moves are thwarted by The Learnerer, who has been studying her every move. Will she come up with a new move or will The Learnerer get away with the diamond? Vocabulary Words: Suffix, Misjudge.
* Mr. Big's Dinner and a Scam - Mr. Big uses a mind control machine to convince an audience that his dinner theater show is a masterpiece worthy of big bucks, when in reality, it's the farthest thing from that. WordGirl must destroy the mind control machine and expose Mr. Big before he is able to empty the audiences' pocketbooks. Vocabulary Words: Embellish, Leery.
Wordbot/Mount Rush Here (#411H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Wordbot - In order to get back at WordGirl for destroying his robots, Tobey builds a robot replica of WordGirl named WordBot. When WordBot gets jealous and turns against Tobey, WordGirl and Tobey are forced to team-up in order to defeat WordBot. Vocabulary Words: Devoted, Backfire.
* Mount Rush Here - When all the grown-ups suddenly go missing, the kids take full advantage of an adult-free world. But as it starts to take a toll on them, WordGirl discovers that Mr. Big is using yet another mind control device to make all the adults build a tribute in his honor. WordGirl must destroy the machine and rescue the adults, but can she do it without Mr. Big's help? Vocabulary Words: Advantage,Tribute.
Road Rage, Anger, and Fury/By Jove, You've Wrecked My Robots! (#412H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
*By Jove, You've Wrecked My Robots! - With the hopes of exposing WordGirl's true identity, Tobey takes a game about evil robots to Becky's house. When the game turns out to be a real battle between actual robots, Becky must do what she can to save the city and keep WordGirl's true identity a secret. Vocabulary Words: Savvy, Realize.
* Road Rage, Anger, and Fury - Feeling at the end of her rope and fed up with all of the city's traffic, Lady Redundant Woman creates an army of copies in order to block all of the other cars and get her own carried out of traffic. Can Becky successfully trick her family into believing that a Becky balloon is actually her so that WordGirl can get out into traffic to defeat Lady Redundant Woman? Vocabulary Words: Obstacle, Rant.
Seize The Cheese/Ms. Question's Riddle Rampage! (#501H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Seize the Cheese - It's a beautiful Fall day and Mr. and Mrs. Botsford drag Becky and TJ away from their video game to enjoy a family hike. Dr. Two-Brains is also outside apple picking with his henchmen -- of course his plans involve seizing cheese, as well. Will Becky be able to sneak away from her family and become WordGirl to save the city's cheese? Vocabulary Words: Seize, Savor.
* Ms. Question's Riddle Rampage! - On their way to the beach, the Botsford family gets stuck in traffic - Ms. Question has put up a toll that citizens must answer a riddle to get through, otherwise, they'll be stranded! Will WordGirl be able to defeat Ms. Question by answering her most difficult riddle? Vocabulary Words: Stranded, Puzzled.
The Meaty Dimension/The Case of the Copied Mrs. Botsford (#502H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Meaty Dimension - The Butcher discovers the portal where all of his meat is stored and concocts a plan to trap Huggy and WordGirl so that he can take over the city. Will WordGirl and Huggy be able to outsmart the butcher and get rid of his meat portal for good? Vocabulary Words: Portal, Overpower.
* The Case of the Copied Mrs. Botsford - LRW has made copies of all the important city officials and has sent them out into the city to do all of her dirty work. A copy of Mrs. Botsford has robbed the bank sending the real Mrs. Botsford to run from the police. Will WordGirl be able to prove her mom innocent? Vocabulary Words: Grip, Convince.
The Good, The Bad, and the Chucky/Granny's Pet Plan (#503H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Good, the Bad, and the Chucky - Chuck is finally fulfilling his dream and selling grilled cheese sandwiches out of the back of his station wagon - a totally legitimate, non-villainous plan. But when Dr. Two-Brains smells cheese, he can't resist. Will Chuck be able to pursue his dream or will it be foiled by Dr. Two-Brains? Vocabulary Words: Pursue, Yearn.
* Granny's Pet Plan - It seems as though Granny May has given up a life of crime to knit cute little scarves for pets. But when everyone in the city begins to misplace their things, will WordGirl be able to figure out if people are really misplacing things or if someone else is responsible? Vocabulary Words: Accessory, Misplace(d).
Hard-Learned Money/Gift Pony (#504H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Hard-Learned Money - After helping him break out of jail multiple times, The Learnerer uses Amazing Rope Guy to learn how to be an efficient criminal. Will he have learned too much by the time WordGirl figures out his plan and possibly be able to defeat her? Vocabulary Words: Divvy, Repetitive.
* Gift Pony - When Violet gives Becky a brooch made of mysterious gemstones, Becky/WordGirl begins to feel woozy. Will WordGirl figure out that the brooch is made of Lexonite, a stone that drains her power, before the Whammer destroys the city? Vocabulary Words: Brooch,Woozy.
Tobey Or Consequences/High Fat Robbery (#101) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
Tobey or Consequences: While Tobey has a babysitter, WG and Tobey get into a battle of words on a real-live match of the game show "Crash or Pie." Vocabulary Words: Enormous. Bicker. High Fat Robbery: The Butcher is hosting free barbecues as diversions to help him carry out his crimes; WordGirl takes him down, after discovering his meaty powers are neutralized by tofu! Vocabulary Words: Impressive/Diversion.
You Can't Crush City Hall/Two Brain Highway (#102) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
Chuck the Evil Sandwich-Making Guy is threatening to smush City Hall with his giant sandwich press... unless WordGirl can guess his secret code-word in time! WordGirl must track down Dr. 2-Brains after he escapes from the Prison Warden's life-size maze, the same week there just happens to be lots of rare cheese to steal from events around town.
Scary with a Side of Butter/Talent Show Tobey (#505H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
*Scary with a Side of Butter - After telling the tale of the giant evil artichoke, Bampy Botsford sparks a panic throughout the city. Mr. Big uses this opportunity to do, what else, become even richer and more powerful! Will the giant artichoke really show up or will Mr. Big finally find a way to control the minds of citizens? Vocabulary Words: Fable, Artichoke.
* Talent Show Tobey - Becky volunteers to be Scoops' assistant for his magic act in the talent show. But when Tobey tricks WordGirl into performing his poetry at the talent show, she has to find a way to be on stage as Becky and WordGirl at the same time - all while saving the city from Tobey's latest robot. Vocabulary Words: Discombobulated,Essential.
Don't Mess with the Best/Peanut Butter Battles (#506H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Don't Mess with the Best - Since Victoria Best couldn't outdo WordGirl at being a superhero she decides to become the cities' best villain. Using her magic recorder, she steals all the villains' weapons and lures WordGirl to the bank. Will WordGirl be able to stop her or will Victoria be the one villain who takes down WordGirl once and for all? Vocabulary Words: Defeat, Unstoppable.
* Peanut Butter Battles - Chuck adds a new condiment to his arsenal - peanut butter! The highly sticky substance envelops its victims in a giant ball of peanut butter. Since Huggy has to roll a peanut butter covered WordGirl around town, will she be able to stop him? Vocabulary Words: Envelop, Hinder.
Plain Old Mischief Makers/House Arrest (#507H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Plain Old Mischief Makers - When best friends Big Left Hand Guy and InvisiBill risk losing their super villain status, they decide to pull off their biggest heist to date. Can WordGirl stop this determined duo who always manage to escape her at the last minute? Vocabulary Words: Diminish, Declare.
* House Arrest - While Chuck's jail cell is being painted, he's put under house arrest at the Botsford's. Becky is stuck spending more time waiting on Chuck rather than fighting the other villains. Vocabulary Words: Release, Rowdy.
Coupon Madness/When Life Gives You Potatoes.... (#103) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
Coupon Madness - Granny May goes on a crime spree by using her coupons printing-press to get things for free... WordGirl has to track her down and foil her plan. When Life Gives You Potatoes. . . Dr 2-Brains has escaped from prison again! WordGirl must find him before he perfects his latest weapon... a ray that can turn gold into cheese. (Luckily, so far, he's only succeeded in turning gold into potato salad.)
Jerky Jerk/Becky's Birthday (#104) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
JERKY JERK: When Becky/WG's class takes a trip to the local museum, she must stop the Butcher from stealing their famous artifact: the ancient Beef Jerky of Supreme Power. Vocabulary Words: Clumsy/Supreme. BECKY'S BIRTHDAY: WG/Becky battles an expanding Energy Monster while her parents plan a surprise birthday party for Becky. Vocabulary Words: Appetite/Expand.
Monkey Business/Say It Again, Eileen (#509H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Monkey Business - After a battle, WordGirl accidentally leaves Captain Huggy Face behind (again). So he spends the day doing all of his favorite things. When an overzealous Chuck strikes, it's up to Captain Huggy Face to single-handedly save the day. Vocabulary Words: Recall, Zeal.
* Say It Again, Eileen - Eileen won't stop copying Becky - and it's driving Becky nuts! Can WordGirl stop Eileen from transforming into the Birthday Girl before the bake sale (and Becky's treasured crumpets) are ruined? Vocabulary Words: Stymie, Guidance.
- KQED Kids: Thu, Mar 31, 2016 -- 11:30pm Remind me