This series follows the adventures of mild-mannered fifth grader, Becky Bostford, who becomes WordGirl armed with a cape, vocabulary words and lots of definitions.
Becky and the Bard/Monkey Robot Showdown (#213H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Becky and the Bard - Violet and Becky compete for the coveted role of Juliet to play opposite the dreamy Hunter Throbheart in Romeo & Juliet. Violet is cast as Juliet while Becky is the understudy. When the Energy Monster captures Violet, Becky must chose between the role of a lifetime and saving her friend. Vocabulary Words: Shimmer, Memorize.
* Monkey Robot Showdown - The city is hosting the Big Checker Championship and Bob has to face off against Tobey's Robot, the Checkmate 3000! When Tobey puts the pressure on to win, his robot snaps and WordGirl and Captain Huggy Face must team up to stop Checkmate from destroying the city. Vocabulary Words: Champion, Vanquish.
The Ordinary, Extraordinary Botsfords/The Penny, the Pony, and the Pirate (#802H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
The Ordinary, Extraordinary Botsfords - Becky's class at school is having fun with their family tree projects and discovering the extraordinary accomplishments of their ancestors. Unfortunately, the most extraordinary Botsford family member that Becky found was a paint inspector whose job was to literally watch paint dry. However, when the Butcher breaks out of jail, Becky realizes that her ordinary, human family possesses special powers of their own. Vocabulary Words: Remarkable, Ordinar. The Penny, the Pony, and the Pirate - While normally the "Pretty Princess Magic Pony Power Hour" can be described as out-of-this-world amazing, the latest special episode was... awful, and Violet and Becky just can't figure out why. As if this disappointment isn't bad enough, Becky must attend the Rare Penny Exhibit with Mr. Botsford and TJ, which Becky is certain will be equally as uneventful as the Pretty Princess episode... that is, until Captain Tangent attempts to rob the Exhibit of all its doubloons. Vocabulary Words: Attend, Rare.
Who Wants Candy?/Chuck's Brother (#212H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Who Wants Candy? - On a field trip to the local candy factory, The Birthday Girl goes on a candy eating spree. WordGirl must find a way to save the city's candy and win back her best friend and field trip buddy, Violet. Vocabulary Words: Awestruck, Mastermind.
* Chuck's Brother - Chuck's successful brother, Brent is in town and being honored for his latest invention... crustless bread! As the city prepares for the celebration, Chuck's envy gets the better of him. Can WordGirl stop Chuck from destroying the precious Golden Sandwich Award? Vocabulary Words: Sibling, Envious.
- KQED Kids: Wed, Jun 29, 2016 -- 7:30pm
- KQED Kids: Thu, Jun 30, 2016 -- 1:30am
Royally Framed/Wordgirl Vs. Tobey Vs. The Dentist (#713H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Royally Framed - Lady Redundant Woman is at the museum copying famous works of art when she becomes distracted and accidentally copies the Royal Dandy, bringing him to life... again. Royal Dandy's first priority is to make himself some mates, so he steals items from the museum and hands them out around town as gifts. When WordGirl confronts him, Royal Dandy pins the crime on her. Now the whole town thinks WordGirl is a thief! How will WordGirl outsmart the Royal Dandy and save her reputation? Vocabulary Words: Vain, Knickknack. < br>* WordGirl vs. Tobey vs. The Dentist - TJ, Becky and Bob are spending the afternoon with the coolest person in town - the dentist! Every kid loves their time with Dr. Clocktormocktor, except Tobey, who comes storming out of the exam room, adamant that there is no way he has a cavity. He tries to console himself with a delicious candy bar, but one bite sends him reeling in pain. Cradling his jaw, Tobey orders his robots to destroy the candy factory, which he sees as the cause of his pain, and since Becky (aka WordGirl) is stuck in a dentist's chair, this just might be one crime Tobey gets away with... Vocabulary Words: Appointment, Cavity.
Bonkers for Bingo/The Ballad of Steve McClean (#208H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Bonkers for Bingo - Granny May is the city's newest bingo champion. WordGirl challenge Granny May in a bingo tournament to make sure that she's given up her evil ways. Vocabulary Words: Undefeated, Adore. < br>* The Ballad of Steve McClean - There's a new villain in town: the snazzy, cool and sanitized Steve McClean. Dr. Two-Brains teams-up with WordGirl to defeat Steve McClean, restore order and reclaim his status as the number one villain. Vocabulary Words: Snazzy, Heist.
Pretty Princess Premiere/Where's Huggy? (#210H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Pretty Princess Premiere - Will Becky be able to attend "The Pretty Princess and Magic Pony" movie premiere or will the Energy Monster foil her chance of seeing Pretty Princess on the silver screen? Vocabulary Words: Anticipate, Premiere.
* Where's Huggy? - Disaster strikes when Bob goes missing. WordGirl tracks him down by making house calls at the evil villains lairs. Vocabulary Words: Rehearse, Shrug.
Robo-Camping/The Stew, The Proud.... (#211H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Robo-Camping - It's off to the woods for a serene camping trip with Becky, Violet, Tobey... and his robots. While the other campers attempt to rough it, Tobey commands his robots to do all of his tasks and create a luxurious weekend free from work. But will Tobey and his robots survive an unexpected thunderstorm? Vocabulary Words: Independent, Serene.
* The Stew, The Proud... - Time is running out for Becky to return her library books and maintain her perfect record when Raul Demiglasse and the Butcher go head-to-head in a culinary showdown. Vocabulary Words: Overdue, Superior.
My Dad, My Teacher, My Dad, My Teacher/Castle! Dungeon! Fortress! So? (#705H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* My Dad, My Teacher, My Dad, My Teacher - Mr. Botsford gets a job as Becky's substitute teacher, and even though Becky's classmates love the change, Becky feels picked on by her father, er, teacher? After a tough day at school, WordGirl must stop The Butcher and his father Kid Potato from robbing the bank, and she realizes she isn't the only one feeling frustrated by a parent. Can WordGirl figure out how to stop the crime and repair The Butcher and Kid Potato's relationship... or at least just stop the crime? Vocabulary Words: Faculty, Expect.
*Castle! Dungeon! Fortress! So? - Becky is having trouble finding anyone to play Pretty Princess Magic Pony with now that Violet only wants to play the latest card game, Castle! Dungeon! Fortress! Go!, with TJ, and elementary schoolers aren't the only one who enjoy the game. Chuck the Evil Sandwich Making Guy has a plan to steal the rarest Castle! Dungeon! Fortress! Go! card from a local shop. Can WordGirl stop Chuck in time? And more importantly, will she ever understand how to play this new game? Vocabulary Words: Absorbed, Include.
Pineapple of My Eye/Big Baby (#803H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
Pineapple of My Eye - It's the 129th Annual Botsford Family BBQ, and tradition decrees that any Botsford 10-years-of-age must prepare a bowl of pineapple pistachio coleslaw in order to earn their apron. That means this year, it's Becky's turn to prepare this (very elaborate) coleslaw. It's an important rite of passage, and Becky is struggling to get the recipe just right. To make it even worse, Chuck the Evil Sandwich Making Guy is on a mission to rid the city of pineapples, the main ingredient in Becky's coleslaw. Can WordGirl stop him in time, or will she end the day apron-less? Vocabulary Words: Eureka, Eradicate. Big Baby - Pretty Princess has released a limited edition Magic Sparkle Wand, and Becky Botsford really, really, really wants it. Mrs. Botsford tells her that if she wants the wand, she has to earn the money for it, so Becky gets a job plant sitting for her neighbor. The job seems easy enough, until Mr. Big begins his latest mind control scheme, which involves a ray that can turn anything - person, dog or beluga whale - into an adorable, baby version of itself. It's WordGirl to the rescue! But will Mr. Big cause Becky to neglect her plant-sitting duties and miss out on that Pretty Princess Wand? Vocabulary Words: Hire, Hydrate/Dehydrate.
The Wrong Side of the Law: Part 1/The Wrong Side Of the Law: Part 2 (#214H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
The Wrong Side of the Law: Part 1 - The Birthday Girl steals a priceless collection of Pretty Princess figurines from the jewelry store ("Mine! Mine! MINE!"). In an unexpected turn of events Eileen (a.k.a. the Birthday Girl) charms the Police Commissioner and convinces him that WordGirl is the culprit. Vocabulary Words: Examine, Priceless.
Part 2 - WordGirl is stuck in jail, accused of stealing the priceless collection of Pretty Princess figurines while the villains of the city are running amok. What will happen when WordGirl gets cross-examined by her mom in court? Will WordGirl be able prove her innocence, save the city from chaos, and put the real criminal behind bars? Vocabulary Words: Objection, Trial.
Becky Knows Best/As Something As Something (#801H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
Becky Knows Best - TJ entered himself in the school writing contest, and Becky is thrilled. After all, she has only won, like, a bajillion times! Only problem is that TJ doesn't want Becky's help. He wants to do it alone. Chuck the Evil Sandwich-Making Guy is facing a similar problem. His brother, Brent, has struck up a new friendship with Ms. Question and won't heed Chuck's warnings that Ms. Question is a no-good villain. But is Chuck right? Is Ms. Question up to something? And will he (and WordGirl) figure it out before it's too late? Vocabulary Words: Compatible, Certain. As Something as Something - It's the first official Botsford family De-Clutter Day, and Becky is having a hard time parting with some of her old things. She has so many memories attached to them! Mrs. Botsford on the other hand has no trouble parting with even some of the more valuable things, eager to bring them down to the new game show "As Something As Something" hosted by everyone's favorite villain, Seymour Smooth. Will WordGirl stop Seymour before he steals people's most prized possessions, or will she find herself tricked by him, too? Vocabulary Words: Clutter, Simile.
Bummertime/The Homerun King (#301H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Bummertime - it's the last day of summer and Becky just wants to read her favorite book in the hammock and play outside with her friends ... but Tobey and his latest robot creation, Chronos, are getting in the way. She has to figure out how to stop crime and still enjoy her last day of vacation.
* The Homerun King - When TJ hits a home run during his baseball game that foils a crime he becomes The Home Run King, the city's latest superhero. But when he starts to fight real crimes and gets in over his head, WordGirl has to step in and save the day.
Staycation/Dr. No-Voice (#804H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
Staycation - The Botsford Family is excited for their big, tropical vacation. A week of relaxation is very much needed, especially for a tired WordGirl! However, their plans get ruined when a big snowstorm cancels their flight. Mr. Botsford decides they're going to make the best of it by having a tropical(ish) vacation inside their own house! But that vacation gets put in jeopardy, too, when Mr. Big unveils his latest mind control scheme, causing Becky's vacation to become anything but relaxing. Vocabulary Words: Balmy, Frigid. Dr. No-Voice - Dr. Two-Brains went out for a night of Villain Karaoke, and now his voice is hoarse, which is a big problem for a villain who loves to talk. Since he can't just stop committing crimes, Dr. Two-Brains hires an actor to serve as his voice in the meantime. Now, WordGirl has Dr. Two-Brains, his henchman and his voice actor to defeat, and to make matters worse, Becky has really hurt TJ's feelings. But how can she take the time to make things right with her brother when there's a crime spree to stop?! Vocabulary Words: Hoarse, Modify.
Opposite Day/Granny's Book Club (#222H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Opposite Day - Becky's Opposite Day Extravaganza is in full swing until the festivities are interrupted by Nocan the Contrarian. The party guests must find a way to send Nocan back to the land of Contraia. Vocabulary Words: Extravaganza, Antonym.
* Granny's Book Club - The Association of Villains is ready to retire Granny May unless she's able to capture WordGirl. She successfully lures WordGirl into a trap by starting a book club. Will WordGirl be able to read between the lines and escape the clutches of Granny May? Vocabulary Words: Feisty, Retire.
Wham Up/Seeds of Doubt (#223H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Wham Up - The Whammer is on a mission to become WordGirl's new sidekick. When he whams Captain Huggy Face into outer space WordGirl must find a way to rescue Huggy and put the Whammer back in the slammer. Vocabulary Words: Assist, Blunder.
* Seeds of Doubt - Ms. Question is scheming to steal the world-famous statue of the Ponderer in order to update her lair but she has to get past Joe the Guard. Ms. Question spreads seeds of doubt on Joe's bagel and throughout the museum so she can distract Joe and steal the statue. Can WordGirl defeat Ms. Question's seeds of doubt and save the statue? Vocabulary Words: Doubt, Refresh.
Accordion Tradition/Can't Touch This (#710H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Accordion Tradition - When Becky inherits Mrs. Botsford's old accordion, she discovers she comes from a long line of stellar female accordion players. At first, Becky is excited about learning an instrument, but she quickly realizes that she, well... isn't very good. She is pretty terrible actually. But her practice session gets cut short by Granny May who, with the help of the stolen Magnifying Diamond, is cracking safes all around the city. Can WordGirl defeat Granny May and still get in enough accordion practice to make Mrs. Botsford proud? Vocabulary Words: Hesitate, Select.
* Can't Touch This - The Botsfords are out enjoying a family hike through the woods. The sounds of leaves rustling, birds chirping and TJ and Becky's incessant arguing fill the air. TJ won't keep his hands off of Becky's things, and she is getting fed up. When the Botsfords stumble across WordGirl's secret spaceship hideout, TJ immediately runs inside, eager to play with all the cool gadgets inside. As Becky is rushing to get her family out of the hideout, she hears the Whammer whamming trees close by. If he discovers her hideout, WordGirl will really be in trouble! But how can she defeat the Whammer and monitor TJ at the same time? Vocabulary Words: Property, Tinker.
Wishful Thinking/Lady Redundant Woman Gets The Blues (#224H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Be Careful What You Wish For - Seymour Orlando Smooth is hoodwinking the audience members of his new show "Wishful Thinking." When he tricks Violet and TJ into giving him their money, Becky has had enough. She teams up with TJ to bring Smooth down and save the whole city from being tricked. Vocabulary Words: Gleaming, Hoodwinked.
* Lady Redundant Woman Gets the Blues - Beatrice Bixby is trying to prove a point: she thinks copies are just as good as the original. She helps the character from a painting, Royal Dandy, to become a real life kid and he's the most spoiled child the town has ever seen. WordGirl needs to help Lady Redundant Woman and the city stop his greedy rampage and return the original painting to the museum. Vocabulary Words: Admirer, Greed.
Trustworthy Tobey/The Tooth Hurts (#807H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
Trustworthy Tobey - Becky is returning a very, very large stack of books to the library, and - oh no! - she is one book short, which means she can't rent the latest in the Princess Triana series. Suddenly, she remembers that she loaned that book to Tobey. Becky shifts the blame to Tobey, who insists he returned the book to Becky days ago. The librarian believes Becky, and Tobey, hurt at being called irresponsible, sends his robots out to destroy the library. Will WordGirl stop the robots, or will her beloved library be crushed? Vocabulary Words: Trustworthy, Shipshape. The Tooth Hurts - Scoops is going to be absent from school for a few days (for reasons he wants to keep private), and he asks Becky to take over the Daily Rag while he is gone. While Scoops is gone, Becky makes the story behind his absence front-page news. Scoops is mortified - now everyone in the school knows his embarrassing secret! Scoops wants to make Becky feel as crummy as he did, but would he really go so far as to reveal WordGirl's secret identity? Vocabulary Words: Absent, Mortify/Mortified.
Quiz Show/The People Vs. Ms. Question (#225H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Quiz Show - Mrs. Botsford is a contestant on Seymour Smooth's new show "Win a Shiny New Car." When Becky realizes the other contestants are cheating for Smooth, she has to save her Mom from being tricked again. Can Becky help her mom win the challenge and defeat Seymour Smooth? Vocabulary Words: Legitimate, Elated.
* The People Vs. Ms. Question - When WordGirl puts Ms. Question on the stand, she confuses District Attorney Botsford so much that she forgets why she became a lawyer. WordGirl has to help her mom return to her quest for justice and stop Ms. Questions' tirade of inquiries. Vocabulary Words: Befuddled, Justice.
Oh What A Tangled Knot You Tie, Amazing Rope Guy/Kid Action News (#226H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Oh What A Tangled Knot You Tie, Amazing Rope Guy - As a villain, the Amazing Rope Guy is not so amazing. He discovers that his true talent is mimicking others. When he goes on a crime spree impersonating all of the villains of the city WordGirl must find a way to end his career as an imposter. Vocabulary Words: Imposter, Untangle.
* Kid Action News - This just in: Becky, Scoops, and Violet won a chance to host Kids Action News at Noon. While covering a story of the largest grilled cheese sandwich, WordGirl swoops in to stop Chuck and Dr. Two Brains from snagging the sandwich. WordGirl and Captain Huggy Face team up again to save the sandwich, the city, and the news hour. Vocabulary Words: Tantalizing, United.
News Girl/Diorama Drama: The Scene of the Crime (#707H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* News Girl - There's a new girl in school, and though Becky wants to do her best to make Rose feel welcome, the new arrival may spell trouble for WordGirl. Rose fancies herself the town's greatest kid reporter (which really irks Scoops), and she makes uncovering WordGirl's real identity her first big assignment. When the Energy Monster breaks lose, WordGirl must not only figure out how to contain the Monster, but how to avoid a snooping Rose. Vocabulary Words: Expose, Details.
* Diorama Drama: The Scene of the Crime - The Diorama Bonzana Extravaganza has the whole school - and especially Violet - excited to create their own unique diorama. Becky, however, is dreading the event. While she might have a way with words, art is not her strong suit. She doesn't want to be embarrassed by a sub par project, so she does everything in her power to procrastinate, even letting herself get tangled up in the Amazing (and completely inept) Rope Guy's latest scheme. Vocabulary Words: Confront, Diorama.
Rhyme and Reason, Part 1/Rhyme and Reason, Part 2 (#812H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
Rhyme and Reason, Part 1 - Rhyme and Reason, a new villainous duo, arrive in the city for a crime spree. But when WordGirl goes to put a stop to them, she finds that these scoundrels aren't on the same page - resulting in some of the strangest crimes she's ever seen. As WordGirl chases the quarreling villains around town, she realizes one of her own friendships is in jeopardy, too! Can WordGirl save her friendship AND her city? Vocabulary Words: Harmony, Resolve. Rhyme and Reason, Part 2 - Heroes, villains, and narrators alike are feeling down. WordGirl can't muster the enthusiasm to battle Tobey's robots, and Rhyme is lost without Reason. In order to stop these ridiculous (and destructive) crimes, WordGirl decides to get the villains back together and making sense. But once their back together, will Rhyme and Reason be too powerful to stop? Vocabulary Words: Forlorn, Chaos.
Wordgirl Makes A Mistake: Part 1/Wordgirl Makes A Mistake: Part 2 (#220H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Wordgirl Makes A Mistake: Part 1 - Newsflash: WordGirl is mispronouncing words! Realizing her weakened state, Mr. Big captures WordGirl and plans to set up a mind control ray on the moon. Can the city and the entire planet be saved without her? (To be continued. . . ) Vocabulary Words: Flawless, Dominate.
* Wordgirl Makes A Mistake: Part 2 - Mr. Big has captured WordGirl by exploiting her weakness to Lexonite. He's building a mind control device on the moon to achieve total global domination. WordGirl is forced to battle Mr. Big in outer space but will she be able to save the Earth? Vocabulary Words: Potent, Mission.
Granny and Clyde/Too Loud Crew (#302H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Granny and Clyde - Granny May cons Mr. Botsford into using him as her getaway driver as she goes on a citywide crime spree. WordGirl must find a way to turn Granny May in to the cops without putting her dad behind bars.
* Too Loud Crew - The Butcher and the Whammer unexpectedly team up and things get a little noisy. What happens when they both want to be the leader, not the sidekick? Will WordGirl be able to stop their crimes and restore the city streets to a quieter place to be?
The Invisi-Bill Hand/Birthday Town (#303H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Invisi-bill Hand - When Invisi-Bill and Big Left Hand Guy team up, Invisi-Bill quickly becomes jealous when he doesn't get any publicity for being the true villain that he is. WordGirl uses his need for fame to trick him into revealing himself.
* Birthday Town - At "Mr. Big's Birthday Time All the Time Party Supply Store" all of the parents are going crazy! They think every day is their child's birthday. WordGirl has to find a way to shut off Mr. Big's mind control device and get the Birthday Girl to stop being so greedy.
The Best of the Best/Art's Parts (#811H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
The Best of the Best - After TJ tells Becky all about his new friend Victor, she has a sneaking suspicion that he's related to the boastful Victoria Best. Turns out she's right - and now both Bests are spending the day at the Botsfords. As Becky tries to get along with Victoria, Victor makes a devious plan to not only best his sister, but to take away WordGirl's superpowers! Can WordGirl find a way to stop the bragging Bests and get back her powers? Vocabulary Words: Ancient, Twist. Art's Parts - When someone starts stealing every piece of art in the city, Becky sees just another crime - but Violet sees a downright awful tragedy. Although Becky has a hard time putting the importance of art into words, she's determined to catch this thief and put the art back where it belongs. Can she catch the villain in the act, or will all the creativity be sucked out of the city? Vocabulary Words: Evasive, Linger.
The Pretty Princess and Mr. Big Power Hour/Clean Up in Aisle Eleven (#304H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Remote Control - WordGirl's wildest dream has come true: she's part of an episode of Pretty Princess. It seems like the perfect situation until we realize the villainous Mr. Big is behind this scheme. WordGirl must escape the grips of Mr. Big's remote control in order to save the city.
* Clean Up In Aisle Eleven - Bob agrees to be a "substitute WordGirl" for a ribbon cutting ceremony at the grocery store while Becky participates in the debate club. When Lady Redundant Woman and her clones stage a heist that's beyond Huggy's control, Becky must choose between the debate club and her quest for justice.
Risky Chuckness/That's Entertainment (#305H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Risky Chuckness - When Two-Brains catches wind of the fact that Chuck is home alone he invites all of the villains to his house. WordGirl makes a surprise appearance at the villain gathering only to discover that she is surrounded by her most dangerous foes. In an effort to preserve his house, Chuck teams up with WordGirl to stop the other villains in their tracks.
* That's Entertainment - The Energy Monster's latest prison break interrupts the Botsford's family television time. While Tim, Sally, and TJ brainstorm new forms of entertainment, WordGirl hunts down the Energy Monster and returns him to his prison cell.