This animated series for 3-to-6 year olds features a curious young T-rex named Buddy who, together with his adopted Pteranodon family, takes the Dinosaur Train to meet, explore, and have adventures with all kinds of dinosaurs and prehistoric creatures.
Valley of the Stygimolochs/Tiny Loves Fish (#101) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Valley of the Stygimolochs - Buddy wonders if he'll grow horns when he gets older, so Mrs. Pteranodon takes him to visit some dinosaurs called Stygimoloch, who have really impressive horns.
* Tiny Loves Fish - After Mr. Pteranodon teaches the kids his fishing method, Buddy and Tiny work together as a team to catch fish in the Big Pond.
Tiny and the Crocodile/Meet The Grandparents (#221) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Team Pteranodon travels to Dienosuchas Swamp to meet Deanna Dienosuchas, a 40 foot crocodile with many big teeth, and a crabby attitude. Tiny leads the way to warm up Deanna who turns out to be more friendly and less scary than our kids imagined. The Pteranodon kids have special visitors - their Grandma and Grandpa! The kids delight in realizing they share similar traits with their grandparents (laughs, expressions, and interests), and love showing Grandma and Grandpa around the nest area and playing some games they all like.
- KQED Plus: Thu, Jul 24, 2014 -- 12:00pm
Paulie Pliosaurus/Elmer Visits The Desert (#139) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Paulie Pliosaurus - The Pteranodon family takes the Dinosaur Train underwater to visit a marine reptile called Paulie Pliosaurus, a creature known as the "T. rex of the Ocean." Buddy and Paulie compare features and find that they actually have a lot in common.
* Elmer Visits the Desert - Our Pteranodon family takes their ocean friend Elmer Elasmosaurus on the Dinosaur Train to a place he's never been before: the desert! Once there, the kids compare the sandy terrain to Elmer's ocean, and they meet a local lizard named Percy who tells the tale of his desert home.
- KQED Plus: Thu, Jul 24, 2014 -- 12:30pm
I'm A T. Rex!/Ned The Quadruped (#104) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* I'm a T. rex! - Buddy travels to Rexville on the Dinosaur Train and meets Delores Tyrannosaurus and her daughter Annie. When he sees that he shares all the same features, Buddy learns that he is a Tyrannosaurus rex!
* Ned the Quadruped - Buddy and Tiny tour the Dinosaur Train and earn their Junior Conductor hats while their friend Ned, a four-legged, long-necked Brachiosaurus and regular Train rider, tags along.
Double-Crested Trouble/Erma and the Conductor (#223) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
While riding the Dinosaur Train, Buddy and Tiny meet Dylan and Devlin Dilophosaurus, twin brothers with amazing double-crests on their heads. Dylan and Devlin like to compete over everything from getting the best seat on the train, to being the best hunter. After Tiny and Buddy spend time with the brothers, they show them how working as a team can help them succeed while hunting! The Pteranodon family is on the Dinosaur Train headed to the Big Pond for a special nighttime treat - watching a meteor shower in the sky! Mr. Conductor stops to pick up Erma Eoraptor, his best friend, whom he's excited to spend time with that night. At the Big Pond, the Conductor and Erma are interrupted a few times while trying to be alone, but soon find the perfect spot back on the Train. They watch the meteor shower from there, as our Pteranodon family watches the amazing meteors from the Big Pond beach.
- KQED Plus: Fri, Jul 25, 2014 -- 12:00pm email reminder
Junior Conductor Jamboree/Troodon Train Day (#140H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Junior Conductor Jamboree - Our kids ride the Dinosaur Train from one end of the line to the other, through all three Time Periods -- from the Cretaceous, through the Jurassic, to the Triassic. All along the way, they pick up friends who join them for a Junior Conductor Jamboree!
* Troodon Train Day - The Pteranodon family rides to Troodon Town to celebrate Troodon Train Day, where the main event is a concert by King Cryolophosaurus, giving his first performance in years! When King comes down with some last-minute jitters, Buddy and Tiny help him overcome his stage fright and he sings a medley of his hits, including the Dinosaur Train theme song!
- KQED Plus: Fri, Jul 25, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
Dinosaur Train Submarine: Maisie Mosasaurus/Date Night (#225) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
The Pteranodon family goes back underwater in the Dinosaur Train Submarine and meet Maisie and Marvin Mosasaurus, a daughter and father who are huge, fast-swimming lizards with flippers. Maisie and Shiny bond when they discover neither likes to go down deep in the water. The Pteranodons and Mosasaurus have a great time up near the ocean's surface, each family showing the other how they hunt and catch fish to eat. When Mrs. Pteranodon announces that she and Mr. Pteranodon are going on a special anniversary date that night, and the Pteranodon kids will have their first babysitter ever, the kids are not very happy. The babysitter is Keira Chirostenotes, a responsible, patient teenager. Buddy, Tiny, Shiny, and Don each take almost the whole evening to warm up to her. While Mom and Dad are on their date on the Dinosaur Night Train, Mom is relaxed, but Dad really misses the kids and can't stop thinking about them. In the end, Mom and Dad rush back to the nest to find all the kids and Keira having a great time!
- KQED Plus: Sat, Jul 26, 2014 -- 6:30am email reminder
Fast Friends/T. Rex Teeth (#106) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Fast Friends - Buddy, Tiny, and Mom ride the Dinosaur Train to meet Oren and Ollie Ornithomimus, some of the fastest dinosaurs ever! Our kids love meeting the fast-moving and fast-talking twins.
* T. rex Teeth - When Buddy loses a tooth, Mom takes him to Rexville to ask his Tyrannosaurus friends all about T. rex teeth. They explain that he'll grow new teeth to replace the old ones.
Adventure Camp: Rafting/Adventure Camp: Mountain Climbing (#301) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Our Pteranodon family accompanies Mr. Conductor to the Troodon Town Roundhouse to meet up with Thurston Troodon, the Rocket Train's conductor. They all soon learn that Tricia Troodon, a young hotshot conductor, actually invited everyone there to see her new train - the Solar Train! The kids learn that it's powered by the sun! To test the train's performance, the three Conductors, along with the help of Buddy, Tiny, Shiny and Don, race the Dinosaur Train, Thurston's Rocket Train and Tricia's new Solar Train to the Triassic!
One Big Dinosaur/Play Date with Annie (#108H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* One Big Dinosaur - Tiny and Buddy visit a dinosaur family called Argentinosaurus, some of the biggest land creatures ever! The kids find out there are great things about being really big, and that it's also great being their own size.
* Play Date with Annie - Buddy is excited that his friend Annie Tyrannosaurus is coming to the Pteranodon nest to visit and play with them. After Tiny feels left out, Buddy and Annie show her that they can all be friends!
The Call of the Wild Corythosaurus/Triceratops For Lunch (#102H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Call of the Wild Corythosaurus - The family surprises Mom for her birthday with a trip to a concert given by Cory and her family of Corythosaurus, who play music through the crests on their heads.
* Triceratops for Lunch - Our Pteranodon family eats lunch with their friend Tank Triceratops and discover that he and his family are all plant-eaters, with great leaf-eating teeth and giant appetites!
- KQED Plus: Tue, Jul 29, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
Laura The Giganotosaurus/Dinosaur Poop! (#110) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Laura the Giganotosaurus - Buddy spends time with Laura Giganotosaurus, a large dinosaur who always rides the Dinosaur Train and, like Buddy, is a three-toed theropod! Buddy also discovers that Laura is an avid bird-watcher.
* Dinosaur Poop! - Buddy and Tiny learn that all creatures poop, even really big dinosaurs.
Beating The Heat/Flowers for Mom (#103H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Beating the Heat - Buddy and Tiny travel to the Jurassic to make a new friend, Morris Stegosaurus, and discover how this huge dinosaur keeps cool in the heat.
* Flowers for Mom - The kids go to the Big Pond to look for flowers to give to Mom on her special Mothers Day. They find many different flowers while following a very busy bee.
- KQED Plus: Wed, Jul 30, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
Hootin' Hadrosaurs!/Hatching Party (#113) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Hootin' Hadrosaurs! - Buddy, Tiny, Shiny and Don meet Perry Parasaurolophus, a dinosaur with a crest on his head who teaches them a new way to hoot some hip music.
* Hatching Party - Buddy, Tiny and Mrs. Pteranodon attend an egg hatching party and meet their friend Cory Corythosaurus's new brothers and sisters.
The Old Spinosaurus & The Sea/A Spiky Tail Tale (#115) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Old Spinosaurus & the Sea - Dad takes the kids on the Dinosaur Train to fish in a new place, where they meet a huge, grumpy old dinosaur, called a Spinosaurus, that doesn't want the kids in his Sea. Eventually the kids befriend him, and they teach each other their own unique way to catch fish.
* A Spiky Tail Tale - Buddy and Tiny help settle an argument between Morris Stegosaurus and Alvin Allosaurus, two very big dinosaurs - one with a very spiky tail, the other with a mouthful of sharp teeth.
One Smart Dinosaur/Petey The Peteinosaurus (#105H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* One Smart Dinosaur - Buddy and Tiny want to test their memory, so they ride the Dinosaur Train and spend some time with the Conductor, since he's a Troodon with a great memory. The kids get to meet the Conductor's mom, Mrs. Conductor.
* Petey The Peteinosaurus - Buddy and Tiny ride the Dinosaur Train to meet Petey Peteinosaurus, a "flying lizard," who is fun, funny, and friendly, and has some features similar to both Buddy and Tiny!
- KQED Plus: Fri, Aug 1, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
The Burrowers/Shiny's Sea Shells (#118) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Burrowers - The Pteranodon family rides the Dinosaur Train to meet a family of amazing, burrowing dinosaurs that live in holes and put on a "Cirque de Soleil" kind of acrobatic show every evening!
* Shiny's Sea Shells - Shiny, with help from Buddy, Tiny and Don, looks for the shiniest sea shells she can find, but ends up making a new friend named Henry, a hermit crab who lives in his own shell on the beach at the Big Pond.
The Old Bird/Diamond Don (#120) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Old Bird - Buddy, Tiny and Mom make a play date with Petey Peteinosaurus to ride the Dinosaur Train to meet Arlene Archeopteryx, a bird from the family of the oldest birds ever! The kids are excited to learn that Arlene is a bird and a dinosaur.
* Home With Shiny & Don - Shiny and Don stay at home and we get to see that just because they don't always ride with Buddy and Tiny on the Dinosaur Train doesn't mean that they are not having fun. An adventure into a local caves leads to a marvelous and brilliant discovery.
Now with Feathers!/A Frill A Minute (#107H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Now With Feathers! - Dad gives Tiny and Buddy a mystery feather and the kids become "detectives," riding the Dinosaur Train to meet Valerie Velociraptor, who shows our kids what life is like covered with beautiful feathers.
* A Frill a Minute - Our kids help Tank Triceratops overcome his awkwardness having a huge head by showing him how cool and amazing his features are, especially his frill.
- KQED Plus: Tue, Aug 5, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
Triassic Turtle/Tank's Baby Brother (#123) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Triassic Turtle - Don mistakes a shell for a rock and meets Adam Adocus, a turtle with a head he can pull into his shell. The Pteranodon family travels to the Triassic and meets Pauline Proganochelys, another kind of turtle who shares her own methods of defending herself.
* Tank's Baby Brother - Tank Triceratops has a new baby brother that everyone dotes on, making Tank feel left out. Buddy, Tiny, and Tank play with some big kids and Tank learns the perks of being a big brother.
Erma Eoraptor/Under The Volcano (#124) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Erma Eoraptor - Buddy, Tiny, and Mrs. Pteranodon go on an expedition to find Erma Eoraptor, a member of the first species of dinosaur that ever lived. They venture off the beaten paths in the Triassic to find Erma, and then bring her back for a ride on the Dinosaur Train!
* Under the Volcano - Tiny, Buddy, and Mr. Pteranodon take the Dinosaur Train to Volcano Valley to see the local volcano. The sight is so spectacular, they go back for the rest of the family only to discover they've already gone to see the volcano! The merry mix-up concludes as the whole family meets up to marvel at the sight of Mt. Smoky erupting.
Armored Like An Ankylosaurus/Campout! (#109H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Armored Like an Ankylosaurus - The kids travel on the Dinosaur Train with Mr. Pteranodon to see his hero, Hank Ankylosaurus, play a game of Dinoball. Afterwards, they even get to play with Hank and learn what it's like to be a dinosaur that's covered with armored plates and a mighty club for a tail.
* Campout! - Our Pteranodon family goes to the Big Pond for their first overnight camp out and meets a small frog with a big voice.
- KQED Plus: Thu, Aug 7, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
Confuciusornis Says/Tiny's Tiny Doll (#126H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Confuciusornis Says - The next stop on the World Tour takes the Pteranodons to Confuciusornis Gardens to visit a very wise, old dinosaur. They try some new foods, and learn to meditate, leaving them with their own enlightening mountain-top experience.
* Tiny's Tiny Doll - During the Pteranodons' World Tour, Tiny mistakenly leaves her favorite Tiny-Doll behind at Velociraptor Valley. Knowing Tiny can't sleep without it, Valerie and Velma enlist the help of a wide-winged Pterasaur named Ziggy to get Tiny's doll back to her.
Kenny Kentrosaurus/Don and the Troodons (#128) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Kenny Kentrosaurus - As the Pteranodon's World Tour nears its end, the Pteranodon family travels to Africa to meet a Stegosaur named Kenny Kentrosaurus. He teaches the kids about his spikes and his tail, showing them how to thump, prompting a fun drumming party!
* Don and the Troodons - The Pteranodon family oversleeps and rushes to go on another World Tour! Don is allowed to stay back on the Train and he ends up having a fun and educational day with the Conductor and his mom, Mrs. Conductor!
Derek The Deinonychus/Don's Dragonfly (#111H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Derek the Deinonychus - Buddy, Tiny and Mom visit a family of Deinonychus, dinosaurs with large, sharp toe-claws. They meet a kid named Derek who uses his toe-claws to not only hunt with but to carve great art!
* Don's Dragonfly - Don makes a new friend with red feet, a dragonfly named Howard.
- KQED Plus: Mon, Aug 11, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
Long Claws/Tank's Sleep Over (#130) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Long Claws - Buddy, Tiny, Don and Mrs. Pteranodon head to the thicket to ask a Therizinosaurus family about their colossal claws. Mr. and Mrs. T strike a pose to demonstrate how they use their claws for self-defense, while their daughter, Teri, shows the kids her favorite practice spot.
* Tank's Sleep Over - When Tank spends the night at Pteranodon Terrace, the last thing he wants to do is sleep. But as the night wears on, Don, Tiny and Shiny start to nod off, and Buddy tries to stay awake with Tank. Then Buddy realizes that Tank is worried about sleeping in a strange place, so Buddy and Mom help Tank feel at home so he can finally get to sleep.
One Small Dinosaur/T. Rex Migration (#112H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* One Small Dinosaur - Mrs. Pteranodon takes Buddy and Tiny to visit a Mikey Microraptor, one of the smallest of dinosaurs ever. Tiny is annoyed that Mikey is even smaller than she is, but Mikey looks up to Tiny as a role model.
* T. rex Migration - Buddy and Tiny go to visit their friend Annie Tyrannosaurus and discover she isn't home, so they follow clues and find her on a migration with her family.
- KQED Plus: Tue, Aug 12, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
Buck-Tooth Bucky/Tiny's Tiny Friend (#132) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Buck-Tooth Bucky - When Don finds a mystery tooth in Dad's old tooth collection, Dad decides to take the kids on an investigation. They discover that the tooth belongs to a dinosaur called Masiakasaurus, a creature with a mouthful of protruding buck teeth! < br />* Tiny's Tiny Friend - Tiny gets upset when she finds a miniature mammal named Cindy Cimolestes has moved into her "Tiny Place," a hole in a tree near the family nest. Buddy ends up using his sharp eyes to help Cindy find a new home that more perfectly fits her small size.
Great Big Stomping Dinosaur Feet!/Diamond Anniversary (#134) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Great Big Stomping Dinosaur Feet! - Tiny is very worried after she loses Shiny's favorite shiny shell, and enlists Dad and Buddy to help find a new one. As Tiny becomes more frantic, she begins stomping with frustration. Then the kids meet Daphne, a Daspletosaurus kid who shows them how to make stomping a fun dance instead of a temper tantrum.
* Diamond Anniversary - Mr. and Mrs. Pteranodon decide to surprise each other with gifts on their anniversary. Despite some close calls, the kids help each of them to keep their gifts a secret until the perfect moment when the whole family can celebrate.
The Theropod Club/Surprise Party (#114H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Theropod Club - Buddy's Theropod Club meets with other dinosaurs that walk on two legs, eat meat, and have three toed feet. But Tiny feels left out until the Club invites her to join too!
* Surprise Party - Shiny, Tiny and Don throw a surprise party for Buddy on the Dinosaur Train and invite a whole caboose full of his friends!
- KQED Plus: Thu, Aug 14, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
Elmer Elasmosaurus/Dinosaur Block Party (#136) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Elmer Elasmosaurus - The Pteranodon family travels on the Dinosaur Train with the Aquacar to an underwater train station to transport Elmer Elasmosaurus back to his home in the ocean. At first Buddy is not enthusiastic about travelling underwater, but quickly becomes a convert when he sees the spectacular sights under the sea.
* Dinosaur Block Party - The Pteranodon family hosts a block party to introduce their new neighbors, the Lambeosaurus family, to all the other neighborhood creatures. The different species all join together to fly, dive, fish, race and especially, to rock the block!
Night Train/Fossil Fred (#116H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Night Train - Dad, Buddy and Tiny take a special ride on the Dinosaur Train at night, learning about animals that are active after dark, culminating at the Big Pond for a nature walk under the full moon.
* Fossil Fred - Buddy, Tiny and Don play "detective" and search around the Big Pond for fossils. The kids end up finding an entire skeleton of a Jurassic dinosaur.
- KQED Plus: Mon, Aug 18, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
Classic in the Jurassic: Air Obstacle Race/King & Crystal Live! (#309) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
The Pteranodon Family is excited to be going back to the "Classic in the Jurassic"! This time, it's a race between pterosaurs from each of the three Time Periods. The best part-all the family members will have a role to play in the race! Mom and Tiny will be in-air referees, Buddy and Don will do "play-by-play", and Dad and Shiny will man the start and finish lines. It's an exciting race as the pterosaurs fly between hanging vines, swoop through a canyon, push through a wind tunnel, slalom over and under branches, than carry food from a pond as they race to the finish line! Teddy Pterodaustro finishes first, but the race is contested when Remy Rhamphorhynchus (another competitor) protests that Teddy never retrieved a fish from the pond. Everyone is surprised to learn that the Perodaustro don't eat fish, they strain plankton through their bristle teeth. Teddy shows everyone how he does it to prove that he did indeed get food from the pond. Teddy is declared the winner! Buddy, Tiny and Mom are riding the Dinosaur Train when they bump into their old friend, Crystal Cryolophosaurus. She's on her way to visit King Cryolophosaurus down in Jurassic Antarctic and invites our family along. Mom and the kids jump at the chance, and upon arrival surprise King as he's singing a brand new song, Top Carnivore. King and Crystal's heartfelt reunion is marred when Crystal tries to convince a reluctant King to take this fantastic new song out on the road to share with his adoring Mesozoic fans. But King doesn't like leaving home and excuses himself to do some thinking. Buddy and Tiny follow and King sings a song called Good ol' Gondwana to explain his feelings about his home. Tiny has a great idea. King and Crystal can perform a live concert in Gondwana and invite dinosaurs from around the Mesozoic to attend! The concert is a huge success, and King is surprised and delighted when Crystal decides to stay there with him instead of going back out on the road.
Dinosaurs in the Snow/Cretaceous Conifers (#117) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Dinosaurs in the Snow - Buddy and his Pteranodon family ride the Dinosaur Train to the North Pole - where it's cooler out and the skies are dark all winter long! The kids get to play in the snow and slide on a frozen pond for the first time.
* Cretaceous Conifers - The whole Pteranodon family have fun celebrating Mom's favorite holiday, Winter Solstice. They learn about large conifer (evergreen) trees and help decorate them at a holiday party.
- KQED Plus: Tue, Aug 19, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
Classic in the Jurassic - Air, Water and Land/Desert Day and Night (#310) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
It's time for the "Classic in the Jurassic" - the Mesozoic Olympics! Today's "Air, Water and Land" contest is a three-part competition pitting teams consisting of a pterosaur and a crocodile from each Time Period against one another. Mrs. Pteranodon, Tiny and Shiny are recruited to help in one of the three "legs" of the race, while Buddy, Don and Dad watch from the stands. The competition's three "legs" are flying, swimming and a lap around a track. Early on, Team Cretaceous pulls ahead and hold onto its lead, until the wild card of the race is revealed: Team Triassic's croc, Effie Effegia, who shocks the crowd when she runs, and then sprints, on two legs! Effie wins the race, and her bi-pedal ability prompts many questions - and a healthy discussion -- about her features. Tiny is disappointed her team lost, but cheers up when reminded that she was part of `"Classic in the Jurassic" history. While playing "Cold and Hot," a game they made up, the Pteranodon kids learn from Mr. Pteranodon that there might be more variety in the desert than they imagined. Their curiosity piqued, they plead for a trip to investigate the desert scene. Mr. Conductor tells them just how diverse plant and animal life can be in the desert. He happens to know a desert mammal: Fruitafossor. Upon disembarking from the Dinosaur Train, the Pteranodon kids meet Frankie Fruitafossor, a chipmunk-sized mammal. They quickly learn that their assumption that desert life was hot all the time and relatively uninhabited was incorrect. Come dusk, they find the desert hopping and crawling with life, as creatures emerge all over - mostly underground - where they hide from the blazing sun. Frankie gives our family a tour, including a peek at underground burrows he dug. Back on the desert floor, Don and the siblings can't believe how cold the desert has become. Nighttime in the desert is a different world than daytime! The family goes back to the Dinosaur Train to warm up and have a snack.
Classic in the Jurassic: Ultimate Face-off/Back in Time (#311) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
The "Classic in the Jurassic" games are back, and this time, it's the Ultimate Smackdown. Mr. Conductor explains the "wrestling" matchups from the three Time Periods are: T. Rex vs. Triceratops, Allosaurus vs. Stegosaurus and Zupaysaurus vs. Riojasaurus (dinos new to the Pteranodon clan.) Fears that competitors may get injured are allayed by the explanation of how the "Smackdown" works -- the best choreographed and most entertaining show wins! Morris Stegosaurus beats Alvin Allosaurus. When Ziggy Zupaysaurus goes up against Renaldo Riojasaurus, Mr. Conductor explains that Riojasaurus may be smaller, but he has a powerful tail and speed on his side. Then Boris the T. Rex loses to Trevor Triceratops. Tank and Buddy are thrilled-what a face-off! Once the judges tally the results, Team Cretaceous is declared the winner, and the fans love it! Buddy and Tiny wonder aloud whether the Triassic was the beginning of time, and if there was anything before the Age of Dinosaurs. So, to the Dinosaur Train they go where Mr. Conductor takes them back to the beginning of the Triassic Period to get some answers. In the Triassic, Buddy, Tiny, Mom and Mr. Conductor meet up with Erma Eoraptor who is happy to explore the "before the Triassic" question with them. Our group walks through a Pedestrian Time Tunnel (that's beyond the end of the train tracks) to get to the Permian Period, the time period immediately before the Triassic. There, they meet Deon Dimetrodon, who has never met a dinosaur or pterosaur before. Buddy and Tiny are amazed to learn that there are neither of these in the Permian Period (or earlier)! Deon marvels at our family's features - especially Tiny and Mrs. Pteranodon's wings. Deon shows our group around the hot and humid Permian, and he explains how his sail fin keeps him cool. Then Deon is delighted to experience the Mesozioc Era. He walks through the Pedestrian Time Tunnel with our group, and is blown away by the vegetation and the variety and size of dinosaurs. Another lifelong friendship is forged!
The Amazing Michelinoceras Brothers/Dads' Day Out (#138H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
The Amazing Michelinoceras Brothers - The Pteranodon family travels deep underwater on the Dinosaur Train to view two backwards-bounding brothers named Max and Mitch Michelinoceras. The kids are delighted to see that Max and Mitch put on a synchronized swimming show. Dads' Day Out - Buddy, Tiny, and Mr. Pteranodon join Annie Tyrannosaurus and Leroy Lambeosaurus and their dads for a Dads' Day at the Big Pond. It's all fun and games until it starts to rain, and they all have to take cover in a cave they've never noticed before.
- KQED Plus: Thu, Aug 21, 2014 -- 12:00pm email reminder
King Cryolophosaurus/Buddy The Tracker (#119H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* King Cryolophosaurus - Buddy, Tiny, Don and Mom meet a reclusive, singing dinosaur named King who has a big swooping crest on his head and a voice that sounds an awful lot like Elvis Presley.
* Buddy the Tracker - Buddy and Don are "footprint detectives" as they track and find creatures they know at the Big Pond. The plot thickens when they discover fossilized tracks that are millions of years old!
- KQED Plus: Thu, Aug 21, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
Classic in the Jurassic: Turtle and Theropod Race/Hungry, Hungry Carnivores (#308) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
The Pteranodon family is super excited to be traveling to the "Classic in the Jurassic," an Olympic-type competition in which different dinosaur teams representing the three Mesozoic time periods will compete in various contests. Today's competition is a race between turtle and theropod teams. When the fast-running theropods all get tangled up at the finish line, the race comes down to the slow-moving turtles. It's an exciting race as the turtles are neck and neck! Who will win this pre-historic match up?? Buddy, Tiny and Mrs. Pteranodon are eating lunch at Pteranodon Terrace, and even though they've just eaten a big fish meal, Buddy's tummy is still grumbly-hungry. Mom understands that because Buddy is a carnivore he needs meat, so she takes the kids to the Dining Car on the Dinosaur Train to get him some carrion. While dining, Laura Giganotosaurus tells Buddy that the best meal she ever ate was prepared by her cousin, Chef Carson Carcharodontosaurus. So Buddy, Tiny, Mom and Laura all travel to meet the boisterous and generous Chef C and eat some of his famous carrion dishes. Buddy's tummy is happily full when our family leaves to head home. They even bring back a snack for Mr. Conductor!
Dinosaur Camouflage/Family Scavenger Hunt (#121H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Dinosaur Camouflage - Buddy and Tiny meet a shy dinosaur, Leslie Lesothosaurus, who is very good at hiding. The kids end up persuading Leslie to stop hiding, and come out to play with them.
* Scavenger Hunt - The Pteranodon family travels to the Big Pond for a Scavenger Hunt. Using clues and rhymes, the kids solve word puzzles and finally glimpse a bug-eating plant they thought was mere make-believe.
- KQED Plus: Mon, Aug 25, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
Have You Heard About The Herd?/Jess Hesperornis (#122H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Have You Heard About the Herd? - Tiny and Buddy are psyched to go to the Cretaceous Picnic Grounds where they meet Ernie Einiosaurus, who shows them how he lives in a large herd! Ernie introduces the Pteranodons to a herding game that makes even Mrs. Pteranodon put on her game face!
* Jess Hesperornis - The Pteranodons venture to the Big Pond to find out if dinosaurs can live in the water. Their quandaries are quenched when they meet Jess Hesperornis, who turns out to be not only a water dwelling dino, but a bird as well!
- KQED Plus: Tue, Aug 26, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder
Dinosaur Big City, Pt. 1/Dinosaur Big City, Pt. 2 (#201) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
The dinosaurs travel to the "big city" of Laramidia for the Theropod Convention!
- KQED 9: Wed, Aug 27, 2014 -- 10:30am email reminder
Stargazing on the Night Train/Get Into Nature! (#203) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Pteranodon family rides a special 'Night Train" to another part of the Cretaceous Time Period, where they meet a Troodontid "cousin" of the Conductor's, Sidney Sinovenator, who knows more about the stars than anyone. Sidney takes the family up to his favorite stargazing spot, "Starry Hill," and teaches the kids why the stars seem to move across the night sky.
* When the kids build their own version of a nest on the beach, below their actual family nest up on the cliff, they get the idea to turn their beach nest into a clubhouse. Shiny thinks that a clubhouse needs a club, and "the Nature Trackers" club is born! The kids decide to make their club about getting outside, getting into nature, and making new discoveries. The only problem is: which kid is in charge of the club?
- KQED 9: Thu, Aug 28, 2014 -- 10:30am email reminder
Buddy Explores The Tyrannosaurs/Rainy Day Fight (#205) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Buddy, an adopted T. rex, wishes he knew more about his T. rex ancestors. So, Dad takes him and Tiny on the Dinosaur Train back to the early Cretaceous, to visit an ancestor: an earlier version of Tyrannosaurus rex called Raptorex. Rodney Raptorex is a kid who won't grow up to be as big as Buddy will, but the two boys find that they not only have a lot of differences, they have a lot in common, too < br>* The kids are stuck cooped up in the nest for a long, rainy spell which leads to them fighting. Mom tells them that the rain has stopped enough that they can leave the nest but she gives them an assignment: to go find their own "calm space," where they can calm down enough to get along with each other again. It works - each kid finds something in nature that helps him or her to calm down and be friends again.
- KQED 9: Fri, Aug 29, 2014 -- 10:30am email reminder
Pteranodon Family World Tour/Gilbert The Junior Conductor (#125) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Pteranodon Family World Tour - The entire Pteranodon family embarks on a roaring, exploring, World Tour adventure! They meet the Conductor's nephew, Gilbert, who takes them on a tour to meet Martin Amargasaurus, a spine spangled quadruped with an intimidating sail. < br />* Gilbert the Junior Conductor - The Pteranodon family is on a World Tour and get to sleep in a special Sleeping Car on the Dinosaur Train.During their first full day on the Train, the kids are super excited to play with Gilbert, the Conductor's nephew. Don gets jealous and finally admit his feelings, leading to a reaffirmation of his friendship with Buddy.
- KQED Plus: Fri, Aug 29, 2014 -- 12:30pm email reminder