Barney & Friends
A unique blending of education and entertainment for preschool children. Each episode emphasizes language and cognitive development, physical activity and social interaction.
A Game for Everyone, A Sports Adventure (#1209) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Barney, Baby Bop, BJ and the kids are planning a Sports Day in the park. When they meet Jill, a new friend who is too shy to participate, Barney explains that Jill might just need a little encouragement to join the fun. In the end, Sports Day is a huge success for everyone... even Jill!
- KQED Plus: Fri, May 22, 2015 -- 1:00pm
The Magic Lamp, A Travel Adventure (#1207) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Layla and her friends celebrate her birthday with traditional Lebanese foods. Layla is apprehensive about being "different," but everyone loves the new treats! With a little help from Barney, everyone is transported to a Lebanese marketplace where Leila learns that she and her culture are both truly special!
- KQED Plus: Sat, May 23, 2015 -- 7:30am
The Reluctant Dragon, A Fairy Tale Adventure (#1210) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Barney teaches that you can't tell from the outside what someone might be like on the inside. He does this by telling a story about a dragon that wasn't at all what others thought she was. The villagers were afraid of her, but it turns out, she wasn't scary at all...as a matter of fact, she was a very nice dragon who liked to knit socks and drink tea!
- KQED Plus: Mon, May 25, 2015 -- 1:00pm Remind me
Bienvenido, Barney: Mexico (#1301H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Baby Bop's friend Monty the butterfly passes through the park with a flock of friends on their way to Mexico. When Monty gets left behind by his insect friends and family, Barney takes everyone on a visit to Mexico, where Baby Bop will say good-bye to her butterfly friend.
- KQED Plus: Tue, May 26, 2015 -- 1:00pm Remind me
Big Brother Rusty: China (#1302H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Barney's excited to find out that Rusty's family is adopting a new baby girl from China; however, Rusty feels differently. He's not sure if he's going to be a good brother, and he doesn't know much about China. Barney takes him, BJ and Baby Bop on an adventure to China where he can learn more about his new sister's heritage. By the time he returns to the park, Rusty excitedly meets his new baby sister and realizes he will be the best big brother ever!
- KQED Plus: Wed, May 27, 2015 -- 1:00pm Remind me
Ahora Mismo: Spain (#1303H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
When Ben arrives too late to get a pony ride he must learn how to wait the hard way. He's always wanted a horse and now it looks as if he's missed his opportunity. Luckily, Barney takes him to Spain where they meet Regalo, a dancing horse! Ben and Barney return to the park just in time for Ben to get a pony ride after all!
- KQED Plus: Thu, May 28, 2015 -- 1:00pm Remind me
Venice, Anyone?: Italy (#1304H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Emma can't play with her friends because she has to complete a school project about her family. Before you know it, Barney brings Emma on a trip to Venice to learn more about her great granddad. While there, the kids learn about the culture and geography. Emma learns that a big task can be made simpler and lots more fun if you break it down into smaller tasks and take them one at a time. By the time she gets home, Emma is eager to tackle her big school project.
- KQED Plus: Fri, May 29, 2015 -- 1:00pm Remind me
Sweeter Than Candy: Greece (#1305H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Barney, Baby Bop and BJ are helping the park kids get ready for a school play. When Barney tells everyone that putting on shows began in Greece, they want to go visit! While there, they meet some friends and decide to put on a play in an amphitheatre. Barney knows a great story that originated in Greece called "King Midas." By the end of the day, everyone has experienced another country and learned that wanting too much is not a good thing!
- KQED Plus: Mon, Jun 1, 2015 -- 1:00pm Remind me
The Music Box: Switzerland (#1306H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
The kids are having a yard sale, getting rid of old toys, books and clothes. Kioko shows up holding a prized possession-a music box from Switzerland. By accident, Ben includes the music box in a cardboard box of yard sale items-and the music box is sold! Kioko is sad and Ben wants to make things right, so he and Barney travel to Switzerland in search of a replacement gift. While there, they sample Swiss food, customs and games-but no music box! Luckily when Ben returns the music box is returned!
- KQED Plus: Tue, Jun 2, 2015 -- 1:00pm Remind me
The Good Egg: Kenya (#1307H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
When the kids find a mysterious, colorful egg in the park, Barney takes them on a trip to Kenya to try to find out what kind of animal could have laid the egg. While in Kenya, they meet Ayira who introduces them to many people, cultures and animals of Kenya!
- KQED Plus: Wed, Jun 3, 2015 -- 1:00pm Remind me
A Bird of a Different Feather: Hawaii (#1308H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Barney takes the kids to Hawaii on a quest for a bird of paradise. While there, they meet some friends, learn new Hawaiian words, make a Hawaiian lei and dance a hula! Eventually, Barney and his friends find a bird of paradise, but it's not quite what they were expecting!
- KQED Plus: Thu, Jun 4, 2015 -- 1:00pm Remind me
Bonjour Barney!: France (#1309H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Emma wants to paint an award-winning painting for the "Art In The Park Show," but she is just isn't satisfied with her artwork. Barney takes her to France to learn how to paint from his friend Pierre. While there, they learn about France and how to paint by following your heart!
- KQED Plus: Fri, Jun 5, 2015 -- 1:00pm Remind me
Home, Sweet Home: The Rainforest (#1310H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
It's Earth Day, a great time for everyone to learn how to help take care of our world, but Ben is wasting paper while BJ isn't too concerned about cutting down a tree to make room for a new playground. After a trip to the rainforest and a meeting with Mother Nature, everyone learns the importance of taking care of our world. As Earth Day comes to an end, Barney reminds us all that taking good care of our Earth is the natural thing to do...for the people we love.
- KQED Plus: Mon, Jun 8, 2015 -- 1:00pm Remind me
Gift of the Dinos/Winter (#1401H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Gift of the Dinos - It's Christmas and BJ dreams of getting a new baseball glove to go with his baseball, while Riff hopes for new drumsticks to use his drum. Barney reminds them that Christmas is more than just getting gifts and helps them learn the meaning of Christmas.
* Winter - Baby Bop is surprised by the first day of cold weather, and Barney helps her see that winter can be a time of wonderful fun. Baby Bop is getting discouraged, wondering if it will ever snow! Then, when she least expects it...the snow begins to fall!
- KQED Plus: Tue, Jun 9, 2015 -- 1:00pm Remind me
The Blame Game/Airplanes (#1419H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
The Blame Game - Marcos accidentally breaks an art show project that Melanie has made. Afraid that she will be angry, he doesn't say anything, but then feels guilty. Barney helps him see that honesty and taking responsibility for what we do is always best. Airplanes - BJ brings his brand new toy plane to the park. When he goes off to play, Riff borrows BJ's plane. Unfortunately, curiosity gets the best of him and Riff takes the plane apart to see how it works. Luckily, when BJ finds out, he isn't mad. Instead, he shows Riff how to put the plane back together.
- KQED Plus: Wed, Jun 10, 2015 -- 1:00pm Remind me
The Magic Caboose/Arts (#1403H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Magic Caboose - Melanie is sad because she misses her friend who is visiting relatives in India. Barney shows his friends that it's fun to go to new places and see new things by taking them on an imaginary journey on the Magic Caboose!
* Arts - It's a special day in the park as Barney and the little dinosaurs enjoy an Art Festival. BJ and Riff share some "musical art" and Baby Bop shares a painting of a very special friend...Barney! As the festival comes to an end, Barney reminds his friends everywhere that no matter what kind of art they make, it's special if it comes from their hearts!
- KQED Plus: Thu, Jun 11, 2015 -- 1:00pm Remind me
Movement/Separation (#1404H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Movement - When some children in the park invite Barney to join them for a race, BJ and Baby Bop decide he'll need their help. They show him several ways to get ready for the big race by warming up and stretching. By the end of the day, everyone finds out that there are many fun ways to exercise.
* Separation - Baby Bop can't wait for BJ and Riff to go on their camping trip so she can have Barney and the park all to herself! But, once they're gone, she discovers she misses them. As time goes on, she misses them more and more! Barney shows Baby Bop ways to keep friends close in our hearts while they're away.
- KQED Plus: Fri, Jun 12, 2015 -- 1:00pm Remind me
Pistachio/Bj's Snack Attack (#1405H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Pistachio - Barney is snacking on pistachios...and just can't seem to stop! His young friends try to help by hiding them from Barney. When that doesn't work, they tell him a story to help him stop eating pistachios. An unexpected avalanche of pistachios convinces Barney that the others may be right. Sometimes, even Barney can learn a lesson from his caring friends!
* BJ's Snack Attack - BJ starts to feel sick after eating too many sweets. He lies down in hopes of feeling better. He has a dream about a snack fantasyland where he eats as many sweets as he wants and ends up with a big stomachache. He wakes, happy to find out it was only a dream. When he asks for a healthy snack, his friends are happy to oblige!
- KQED Plus: Mon, Jun 15, 2015 -- 1:00pm Remind me
Bop 'til You Drop/Sharing (#1406H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Bop 'til You Drop - The park is especially full of kids today, but all of them are busy playing. Baby Bop can't find anyone to play what she wants to play. When the others notice she is sad, they tell her they will play whatever she suggests. This works well at first, until Baby Bop becomes a little bossy. Barney helps her understand that being bossy isn't a nice way to treat your friends.
* Sharing - When Riff accidentally wrecks BJ's beloved scooter, he feels terrible! BJ loved that scooter more than almost anything! Riff and Baby Bop decide to have a sale in the park to raise money to buy BJ a new scooter.
- KQED Plus: Tue, Jun 16, 2015 -- 1:00pm Remind me
Little Red Rockin' Hood/Differences (#1407H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Little Red Rockin' Hood - Baby Bop is having a hard time finding a story she hasn't heard before. Barney and the little dinos decide to tell her an old story with a new twist! They tell the story of "Little Red Riding Hood" in a whole new way...by singing it!
* Differences - When a wheelchair-bound child is unintentionally neglected by his friends, Barney steps in to help. He gently reminds the others to include the child by showing them that even Barney feels excluded sometimes. It isn't always easy being a big, purple dinosaur. In the end, everyone is included for a day of fun!
- KQED Plus: Wed, Jun 17, 2015 -- 1:00pm Remind me
Butterflies/The Nature of Things (#1408H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Butterflies - Baby Bop is sad because she lost her pet caterpillar, Monty. Barney and the others try to help her find it. Baby Bop is surprised to discover Monty inside a chrysalis. Everyone is excited to find Monty-now a beautiful butterfly!
* The Nature of Things - Rachel enters the park and carelessly throws her trash on the ground. Later, when she falls asleep in the caboose, she has a dream that the park animals can talk. Through the animals' and Barney's help, Rachel learns that the park is home to many creatures. She learns the importance of nature and of keeping our earth clean!
- KQED Plus: Thu, Jun 18, 2015 -- 1:00pm Remind me
China/Welcome, Cousin Riff (#1409H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* China - BJ is waiting for a very special letter from his pen pal in China. The letter reveals that his pen pal is coming for a visit. With the help of friends in the park, BJ hurries to get the park ready. He wants it decorated so his pen pal feels right at home. But, BJ learns that his pen pal wants to see how BJ really lives!
* Welcome, Cousin Riff - Barney has a big surprise for BJ and Baby Bop! Their cousin Riff is moving to town. BJ and Baby Bop discover Cousin Riff is nothing like what they thought he'd be...he's even better!
- KQED Plus: Fri, Jun 19, 2015 -- 1:00pm Remind me
Rabbits/Listen (#1410H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Rabbits - BJ is pretending to be a great detective. But all great detectives need a mystery to solve! One quickly comes his way when an animal nibbles on one of Baby Bop's healthy snacks. BJ, Barney, and Baby Bop uncover several clues along the way and soon realize the animal is someone's pet rabbit.
* Listen - When Riff hears a mysterious sound in the park, he plays detective, trying to solve the mystery. Barney and the children join in the fun. Along the way, they explore the sense of sound while identifying sounds of nature and the neighborhood.
- KQED Plus: Mon, Jun 22, 2015 -- 1:00pm Remind me
The Big Garden/Get Happy! (#1411H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Big Garden - Baby Bop wants Barney, BJ and the kids to play with her instead of working in their garden. They promise to play with her as soon as they finish. Baby Bop can't wait, and tries many ways to get them to come play with her now, none of which work. When her friends do come to play, they have a tea party and enjoy some of the fresh vegetables from the garden. Baby Bop discovers that some things are worth the wait!
* Get Happy! - Barney, Baby Bop, BJ and Riff discover a sad little girl in the park one day and try to cheer her up. Nothing seems to work, so Riff invents a Happiness Machine. In the end, it is her friends who make her happy, not the machine at all!
- KQED Plus: Tue, Jun 23, 2015 -- 1:00pm Remind me
Big As Barney/The Chase (#1412H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Big as Barney - When Ryan notices how much everyone loves Barney, he tries to be just like him; but he has a hard time filling Barney's shoes. Then Ryan learns that he is special when he's just being himself!
* The Chase - On a rainy day, Barney and his friends are having a hard time deciding what to do because everyone wants to play the same role! Barney tells a Native American tale called "The Chase," to help everyone understand that it's best to think for themselves and not to follow the crowd.
- KQED Plus: Wed, Jun 24, 2015 -- 1:00pm Remind me
Playing Games/No, No, No! (#1413H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Playing Games - Baby Bop has trouble following the rules and taking turns while playing games. Barney and Riff help her learn how to follow the rules. In the end, Baby Bop and BJ have fun playing together, and Baby Bop learns that rules make games fun for everyone!
* No, No, No! - It's just "one of those days" for Baby Bop! Every time she turns around, someone is telling her "no!" As her frustration grows, Barney explains that the word "no" can help you avoid making mistakes or getting hurt.
- KQED Plus: Thu, Jun 25, 2015 -- 1:00pm Remind me
The Emperor's Contest/The Whole Truth (#1414H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Emperor's Contest - Everyone is excited about a fishing contest that is being held in the park; everyone except Ryan, who doesn't want to follow the contest rules. When Ryan is tempted not to follow the rules, Barney tells a story called "The Emperor's Contest" about a boy who had a similar problem. When it's over, Ryan decides that honesty is the best policy!
* The Whole Truth - A talented young artist is painting a portrait of Barney, but when she has to step away, BJ is mistaken for the artist of the portrait. BJ has a hard time correcting this misunderstanding. The situation snowballs as the others beg him to teach them to paint like that! In the end, BJ admits the truth and learns that honesty is the best policy!
- KQED Plus: Fri, Jun 26, 2015 -- 1:00pm Remind me
Seeing/Beethoven's Hear! (#1415H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Seeing - An ordinary game of "hide and seek" takes a not-so-ordinary turn when Baby Bop claims that an elephant is hiding in the park! Barney and Riff are happy to play along, but BJ thinks that his sister may be "seeing things." Fortunately, Barney takes this opportunity to help the young dinos learn about sight and seeing while having fun! Beethoven's Hear! - Riff can hear music in anything! When he meets a friend who can't hear well, Riff wonders if he would still like music if he couldn't hear so well. Barney tells everyone about a famous musician named Beethoven who wrote beautiful music, even though he couldn't hear it.
- KQED Plus: Mon, Jun 29, 2015 -- 1:00pm Remind me
Best In Show/Ducks and Fish (#1416H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Best in Show - When the kids decide to have a Dog Show to show off their pets, BJ feels a little left out. He doesn't have a dog, and he sure wishes he did! A friend from the park shares her dog with BJ so he can join in the fun. Everyone has a great time and realizes that all of their dogs are winners! Ducks and Fish - Barney sees Riff protecting a nest full of duck eggs. Together, they leave the eggs to look for food for ducklings. When they return, Riff is pleasantly surprised to find the eggs have cracked open and the baby ducklings have hatched!
- KQED Plus: Tue, Jun 30, 2015 -- 1:00pm Remind me