Secrets of the Dead
Part detective story, part true-life drama, this series unearths evidence from around the world, challenging prevailing ideas and throwing fresh light on unexplained events. Using the most up-to-date science in the laboratory and in the field, scientists and researchers examine the missing pieces of each puzzle, completing the picture of what had been merely an assemblage of suppositions.
Nero's Sunken City (#1603H) Duration: 56:46 STEREO TV14 (Secondary audio: DVI)
Baiae... An escape for ancient Rome's powerful elite, the Las Vegas of its day. Now, follow archaeologists who are mapping underwater ruins and piecing together what life was like in this playground for the rich.
After Stonehenge (#1601) Duration: 56:46 STEREO TVPG (Secondary audio: none)
Explore the remains of a 3,000-year-old English settlement that's shedding new light on the ancient history of the western world. Working in secret inside a quarry, the experts have less than a year to save the site before the quarry drains.
Leonardo, The Man Who Saved Science (#1604H) Duration: 56:46 STEREO TVPG (Secondary audio: DVI)
Leonardo da Vinci is well known for his inventions as well as his art. But new evidence shows that many of his ideas were realized long before he sketched them out in his notebooks - some even 1,700 years before. Was Leonardo a copycat?
- KQED 9: Wed, Apr 5, 2017 -- 10:00pm Remind me
- KQED 9: Thu, Apr 6, 2017 -- 4:00am Remind me
- KQED Plus: Thu, Apr 6, 2017 -- 11:00am Remind me
- KQED World: Fri, Apr 7, 2017 -- 6:00am Remind me
- KQED World: Fri, Apr 7, 2017 -- 12:00pm Remind me
- KQED World: Sun, Apr 9, 2017 -- 4:00pm Remind me
- KQED Life: Tue, Apr 11, 2017 -- 10:00pm Remind me
- KQED Life: Wed, Apr 12, 2017 -- 4:00am Remind me