TV Daily Schedule: KQED Life
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED Life: Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Comcast 189 • Digital 54.3
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#18076] (original broadcast date: 04/09/12)
* Mike Allen, Jon Meacham and Evan Thomas on their e-book about the Republican Primaries called 'Inside the Circus'
* James Gorman, Chief Executive Officer of Morgan Stanley duration 56:46 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amLive from Lincoln Center [#3701H] Renee Fleming @ The Penthouse The celebrated soprano Renee Fleming returns to Lincoln Center's living room -- the Stanley H. Kaplan Penthouse -- for an intimate evening ranging from 19th-century art song to her favorite contemporary jazz, rock and Broadway melodies. Fleming is assisted by members of the Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center and some special surprise guests. duration 1:26:45 STEREO TVG
2:30 amAmerica's Ballroom Challenge [#401H] Every year thousands of dancers come to Columbus, Ohio, to compete in the world's biggest ballroom dancing competition. They represent many age groups and dance styles. They come for only one reason -- to see if they have what it takes to be the very best. For those who win their divisions -- the grand finale will be their last test. When they face off against the other division champions in a winner-take-all battle for the ultimate title of "America's Best Ballroom Couple." The program is hosted by Jean Louisa Kelly. duration 1:56:46 STEREO TVG
4:30 amSpark! [#411] The Puppet Show Puppet shows aren't just for kids, as proven by the artists in this episode.
* Pop artist and painter Sandow Birk has adapted Dante's Divine Comedy into a modern epic and filmed it in the tradition of "Toy Theatre," a European style of puppetry from the 1700s.
* Basil Twist is collaborating with Joe Goode and Paula Vogel to stage "The Long Christmas Ride Home" using traditional Japanese Bunraku puppets of his own creation.
* Lunatique Fantastique's Liebe Wetzel stages her latest work using found object puppets to address issues women face when confronting breast cancer.
* Also, get an insider's look at the Indonesian puppets from the Herbert Collection at the Asian Art Museum with puppet master Kathy Foley. duration 28:47 STEREO TVG
5:00 amTravelscope [#312H] Madhya Pradesh, India - The Heart of India Joseph begins his adventure in India's capital, Delhi, and then makes a pilgrimage to the ancient Hindu and Jain temples of Khajuraho with their erotic life-affirming 1,000-year-old carvings. His journey of discovery draws him from rural villages to palace ruins. duration 26:46 STEREO TVG (Secondary audio: DVI)
5:30 amSmart Travels - Europe With Rudy Maxa [#110] Out of London The countryside outside of London echoes with storybook images. Around every hedgerow are mythic castles, ruined abbeys and prehistoric monuments. This time, we leave London and stop at Hampton Court, where Henry VIII wooed Anne Boleyn. We gaze on Oxford's dreamy spires and browse in the real Alice in Wonderland's candy store. Next, we pay a visit to Jane Austen's house, puzzle over the mysterious megaliths of Stonehenge, and pursue tales of Camelot in the royal city of Winchester. Tips on driving in England and visiting country pubs. duration 28:18 STEREO TVG
6:00 amRaggs [#147H] Sports Trilby gets so worn out training the dogs for Doggy Sports Day that the dogs have to help her get ready, too. When it is too rainy to play outside, Pido invents an indoor sports game for everyone to play instead. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
6:30 amWild Kratts [#106H] Platypus Cafe While kayaking in Australia, Martin and Chris encounter one of the world's most unusual creatures, a platypus mother with her eggs. But unscrupulous endangered animal chef, Gourmand, plans on making the platypus eggs his next delicacy. The Wild Kratts team must use the special "sixth sense" of the platypus to save the eggs. Science Concept: Organisms use their senses to find out about their surroundings and themselves. Different senses give different information. Platypus have a special electromagnetic sense that detects objects, like food. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
7:00 amArthur [#608] Rhyme for Your Life/for Whom The Bell Tolls * Rhyme For Your Life - While struggling to write a poem for his mom, Binky falls asleep and gets trapped in Verseberg... where it's a crime not to rhyme! After tangling with the big purple orange and meeting poet William Carlos Williams, Binky finally escapes this curse-but will he be able to stop speaking in verse??
* For Whom the Bell Tolls - D.W. lost her voice! For Arthur it's a dream come true...until Mom asks Arthur to take care of D.W., and he finds himself at the mercy of a bad mime with a cowbell. Will Arthur spend the rest of his life at D.W.'s beck and call, endlessly fetching ginger ale and playing Crazy-eights? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#423] Old and New While at Grandma and Grandpa's house, Caillou looks for a special hiding place. Grandpa shows Caillou the special place his Daddy used to hide in when he was Caillou's age. Caillou is very excited about the neighborhood rummage sale until he's asked to figure out what he'd like to contribute. He's not so sure he wants to part with any of his toys. But in the end he's pretty happy with the new stuff he comes home with. When Caillou's brand new T-shirt is ruined by grape juice Grandma diverts disaster by recycling it and turning into a one-of-a-kind shirt that is tie-dyed with grape-juice star bursts. Caillou helps Mommy clean out the attic when they come across an old chest, and discover neat treasures inside. Caillou and Mom go to the library for story time. Caillou has scribbled on one of the books he borrowed, and is afraid to bring it back. Clementine's Mom who is in charge of story time cleans the book. Caillou takes home a new book and this time, he will be extra careful with it. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
8:00 amCurious George [#504H] Trader George/One in a Million Chameleon * Trader George - George has a new hobby - collecting interestingly shaped sticks with his squeaky, rolling cart. When he encounters Allie selling fresh apple cider, he trades his cart for a gallon, but later regrets his decision. He offers to trade a jar of sauerkraut to Allie in return for the cart, but Allie already traded it to Vicki. Can George find the perfect trade for Vicki or is his cart gone forever?
* One in a Million Chameleon - George could stay busy for hours watching Jade the chameleon--not only does she change colors, but she also has the world's fastest tongue. But when Jade escapes after George accidentally leaves her cage door open, he follows her trail right out the front door! George enlists Hundley's help, but will they be able to find a color-changing chameleon in the big city? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#119H] Thump/Squirreled Away * Thump: Nick is trying to make his mother a surprise lunch, but she keeps coming into the kitchen! If only there was a way for him to know when she was coming. The Cat takes Nick and Sally to meet his friend Twitch the rabbit. Twitch and her bunnies teach Nick and Sally how to stop, look and listen. Now Sally that can warn Nick when his mom is coming, they're able to surprise her with lunch!
* Squirreled Away: Nick can't remember where he put his yo-yo. Cat offers to take the kids to meet his friend Bucky the Squirrel who is good at both hiding and finding things! Nick and Sally learn how to use markers to help them remember where they put things. Back at home Nick thinks like Bucky then is able to find his yo-yo! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amSuper Why! [#146Z] Hansel and Gretel: A Healthy Adventure Red and her friends are having a picnic in the park, but she has no energy to join in the fun. Could it have something to do with her unhealthy snack choices? Super Why and his friends head into the story of Hansel and Gretel to meet the equally tired and grouchy witch. They convince the witch to trade in her gingerbread house for something both delicious and nutritious - and Red learns what kinds of foods will help her go the distance so she can play with her friends for a super long time! Educational Objectives: To learn which foods taste great while providing long-lasting energy! Young viewers will play interactive alphabet games, practice the magic of spelling, and use healthy eating choices to change the story. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#207H] The Earthquake/Nursery Car * Mom takes the kids on a playdate with Tank Triceratops to the desert, where they meet a distant relative of Tank's, an early Ceratopsian named Penelope Protoceratops. The Conductor points out that Penelope lives in a part of the world that gets a lot of earthquakes, and sure enough, the kids experience their first quake with Penelope. Mom and the Conductor have prepared the kids with excellent advice about what to do in an earthquake, so everyone does fine.
* When the family rides the Dinosaur Train, they learn that a new car has been added - a Nursery Car, with dozens of eggs in little, padded nests, attended by their expectant moms and dads. The kids watch the eggs hatch, and try to guess which hatchling goes with which dinosaur parent. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#125] Clothes Don't Make The Dog/Short-Changed * Clothes Don't Make the Dog - T-Bone gets a new sweater, but when Mac teases him about it, he gets too embarrassed to wear it. He realizes that it's not what he wears that makes others like him.
* Short-Changed - When family friend Skyscraper Jackson visits, Emily worries that Clifford prefers the attentions of a super-tall basketball player to the attentions of a short little girl. Emily soon learns that love comes in all sizes. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amClifford's Puppy Days [#121] Moving On/Fair Is Fair * Moving On - The Sidarskys are moving to a newer mouse hole around the corner. Clifford offers to help them move the big family clock when he comes back from lunch. But on the way back, he gets distracted. By the time he gets back to the laundry room, the Sidarskys have already moved, but things are chaotic because the baby can't sleep without that clock. Clifford feels bad for not being there to help, but he makes amends by moving the clock now and restoring harmony to the Sidarsky household.
* Fair is Fair - Emily Elizabeth and Nina volunteer to read to kids at the book fair, but problems arise when their replacements - Shun and Evan - don't show up in time.